User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Minnesota Bound

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Comfort Seat for Under $150.00?

I was able to get a Yamaha comfort seat for $147.34 from Motorcycle Parts|ATV Parts|Honda|Kawasaki|Suzuki|Yamaha|Dealer|Tires|Repair Manuals|Wholesale Discount Prices.

Instead of pulling this up as a sportbike accessory, which will give a price of $249.95, I went to the Yamaha motorcycle parts listings, punched in the part number, ABA-4S821-00-00, and got a price of $147.34. Not sure if this will work for you, I was ordering several hundred dollars of other parts to fix my crashed FZ6, so it might have been a fluke, but it might be worth a try. Appears that other parts suppliers (they all use the same software) list things the same way. Never hurts to try.

And, yes, I did receive the entire seat. And, yes, the seat for the '07 will fit on an '06, the mount is the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Fender eliminator,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Talent develops in quiet, character in the torrent of the world."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
SuperBike Champion

Yes, you did the right thing. That seat is very well worth at $160. This is confirmed that you can get it that cheap at RonAyers so it was not a happenstance.

More details on the crash??

07 Raven FZ1 (May 06 2009) Penske 8983|HyperPro Damper|HEL SS,EBC XPro Pads|ASV Shorties|SM Bars|Micron Full System|Lars AB|BMC|Roth VS, AIE|FCE|CD Flies|PC3, IM|Arao EXUP Elim,Shelf|BlindSpot's Anti-kink Fuel Line Mod
CF Chin Cowl|PB CF Hugger|CNC Gas Cap|Red Bits|T-Rex Frame, Axle Sliders|Targa FE,Tank Pad|Sargent Seat|Short Puig DB|Satan666 Hwy Pegs|TechSpec Tank Grips|Rearsets Stiffened|FZ6 pegs|Powerlet|Heated Grips|HIDs|Integrated Taillight|Proton Flushmounts
06 Black FZ6:(July 29 2007) SOLD! R6S Forks,Speedbleeders,SS Lines,HH Sintered Brake Pads|15T,Speedohealer v3|K&N|Puig Light Smoke Racing|06 FZ1 Bar|Axle Sliders|FE|Powerlet|Dual Headlight Mod (White)|F/R Arrow Signals|Pod Light Mod|Fiamm HB Lo Tone|Reflective Frame Decals|BT-016
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Minnesota Bound

Boom. Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
More details on the crash??
You know how sometimes crashes seem to happen in slow motion, and you have time to think, "Oh, shitttttt...." before it happens? Wasn't like that at all, guy in the right lane made an aggressive move into my lane and, before I could really even react, he had hit my front tire and I was on my ass. Boom, he hit me, boom I hit the pavement, it was all over in a fraction of a second. We were only going 25 or so, so not too big a deal. Huge bruise on my ass, scraped up the left side of the bike. Conclusions:
  1. Sliders are a great investment, would have been a total without them and I would have had to buy my bike back from crashedtoys.com (ended up being $2500 and his insurance paid).
  2. Wear the right gear--my head smacked the pavement but I walked away with only a bruised ass because I was wearing a helmet.
  3. Ride defensively--the dude was driving like he really had somewhere to go, and I slipped through his blind spot. His fault, but I should have avoided him.
  4. God bless the folks who stop at the scene of an accident. The gal that was behind me stopped and gave a statement to the cops.

Oh, and the EMT told me I looked a little long in the tooth to be riding a sport bike. I told him that was what kept me young!

, Fender eliminator,

Last edited by snaber; 10-18-2008 at 05:50 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Club Racer

Is the comfort seat any lower?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Supersport Racer

Supposedly not any lower, but shaped a little different and enough that people feel that it is a more comfortable for the inseam challenged. The German lower seat is 3cm lower, but is hard to get from the states. I got mine from Germany.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM

just ordered the seat, deal too good to pass up
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Yep thats a good deal. I ordered mine from RonAyers for 140.33 and 155.33 after shipping. I got mine last week it was backordered for over a month. I only rode around with it for 30 mins so I havent had a chance to really get a good feel on the seat. The seat to me doesnt feel any lower at all. Its actually a little wider to me but I'm tall so either way my legs are planted on the floor.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Minnesota Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonator View Post
Is the comfort seat any lower?
Only took a short ride before tearing into other parts of the bike, so no strong impressions yet, but seems about the same height, but I'm 6 feet tall with long legs, so hasn't been an issue in the past. Shape is different, more rounded, but if that is because of more padding in the middle or more rounding on the sides, hard to say. Looks good.

Once I get back on the road I'll report back. Last night I replaced the front cowl, forgot to check all the connections before bolting everything down, and, guess what? no headlight. Mother F*%(*! Or I may have blown a fuse because I was too rushed to discontect the battery. I'll keep ya' posted.

, Fender eliminator,

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
World Superbike Racer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaber View Post
You know how sometimes crashes seem to happen in slow motion, and you have time to think, "Oh, shitttttt...." before it happens? Wasn't like that at all, guy in the right lane made an aggressive move into my lane and, before I could really even react, he had hit my front tire and I was on my ass. Boom, he hit me, boom I hit the pavement, it was all over in a fraction of a second. We were only going 25 or so, so not too big a deal. Huge bruise on my ass, scraped up the left side of the bike. Conclusions:
  1. Sliders are a great investment, would have been a total without them and I would have had to buy my bike back from crashedtoys.com (ended up being $2500 and his insurance paid).
  2. Wear the right gear--my head smacked the pavement but I walked away with only a bruised ass because I was wearing a helmet.
  3. Ride defensively--the dude was driving like he really had somewhere to go, and I slipped through his blind spot. His fault, but I should have avoided him.
  4. God bless the folks who stop at the scene of an accident. The gal that was behind me stopped and gave a statement to the cops.

Oh, and the EMT told me I looked a little long in the tooth to be riding a sport bike. I told him that was what kept me young!
The EMT said you were too old? Hey, he'd really be pissed at me. Ride on.

I have no explanation for what I'm about to do.....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:18 PM
SBN Newb

Can't find it anywhere anymore! If someone has it for sale I'd like to buy your comfort seat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in