LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Project "FazR6" or FZR6

hello!

allright, i guess it`s time now that i announce my modding Project, modding my Fz6 to either 03-05r& or 08r6 full fairing, but street legal and original parts.
came home today and there stood a big box from overseas containing my 08R6 Front cowling with headlight! :-)
also today came the wiring harness from 03-05R6 headlight/Blinker/Tacho
and expected to leave Austria on Monday is a Nose-cowling, and the middle and low fairing parts both left and right of an 03-05R6 which are in good but used condition with just a few scratches....
whether i buy an 03-05R6`s headlight or complete the 08 fairing with the missing part i don`t know as of yet, but i could be doing both and teh simply go by which on fits better and more easily and put the rst on ebay without significant loss, since i did not pay thaaaat much...

anyways, here are the pictures:

got a university exam and some tests till and on 22nd of february so after that date i can hopefully (if i`ll pass) start the modding on the bike...
till then i`ll probably update as soon as new parts arrive with some picture, some price infos and some plans of how to get the parts on my fz6...

now gotta go to a party,
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

only 5 pics per post so here`s the rest:

Edit: the funny thing, the wiring harness from older model R6 (03-05) seems to fit the 08 model... as seen in the picture,...if it will fit my Fazer i don`t know though, but i though that for 14,90€ i paid for it, it would be way betetr then cutting and fumbling with the fazer`s original one ;-)

Alex

Last edited by kniefi; 02-01-2008 at 01:49 PM.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Information Sponge

Location: The chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a cookie-crumble crust of corruption

Lookin Sexy. Subscribed

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 12:26 AM
R6S Crash Cushion

Good luck Alex! Glad to see you're taking your first steps.

I am the unofficial maintainer of the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. | I also have a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Here's its

My FZ6-R: 05 FZ6|CobraSkinz 03-04 R6 Upper/Lower Cowling & Front Fender|03-04 R6 Fork Mod w/03-04 R6 Front Calipers|EBC Pro-lite Contour Front Brake Rotors|Galfer Stainless Steel Brake 03-04 R6 Brake Lines|Customized FZ6 Fairing Stay to hold 03-04 R6 Front Cowling|PowerCommander III USB|K&N Air Filter|K&N Oil Filter|NGK Iridium Spark Plugs| Motul Full-Synthetic Motor Oil|Custom Machined Setback Plates|Customized FZ6 Shifter Rod|DID -1/+2 520 Conversion|EBC Pro-lite Contour Rear Brake Rotor|Pilot Power 120/70/17-180/55/17|Scorpion Stainless Steel "Race Only" Exhaust

post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Hey!

today a few new parts came in :-)

and aroudn mid-next week i will also get a full fairing set from an Red/white 07`R6 With headlights, signals and everything...^^
a little scratched though, but got it with shipping for 375€!!
i guess that is no bad deal!
an the pictures you can also so a screen, it`s for the 07 r6 ehhh RJ11 model
and was 12,90€ on ebay :-D so i couldn`t say no....
mirrors for RJ05 should have allready arrived,
now the only thing missing is both a fairing stay for thr Rj05 and th RJ11
got a spare fz6 stay for another 26€ on ebay, so i can mod/weld them together if needed...

now if i only was allready finished with my half-way exam at university, which now got changed to fourth march :-/

greetz, alex
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Allright, today the post-woman came and said, got a "little" paket fr you
i`m like ?! ok, was a bigger little paket ;-)

so, now almost all the parts i need are here, except for RJ05 headlight, fz6 and r6 fairing stay and a headlight wire harness, should arrive during this/next week....

can`t wait to get started with all those parts flying around in my room, i think my Girl is going to try to kill me :-O

could also start a "motor-parts-shop" i guess

hopefully the unused parts brng back some money is spent... :-/

anyways, will keep you updated guys,
greetz, alex
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
R6S Crash Cushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniefi View Post

so, now almost all the parts i need are here, except for RJ05 headlight, fz6 and r6 fairing stay and a headlight wire harness, should arrive during this/next week....
An R6 fairing stay won't help you all that much other than to provide a template for the upper fairing mount & windshield points. The R6 fairing stay is made of aluminum, is about 3/4" too short at the triple mount point and our fairing stay is steel. The R6 fairing stay cannot be cut then welded onto the FZ6 fairing (in fact, cutting the aluminum fairing stay ruins it). I owe you a pic of the custom fairing stay. I'm gonna be sanding it this weekend so that I paint it with anti-rust paint.

. | I also have a
. Here's its

My FZ6-R: 05 FZ6|CobraSkinz 03-04 R6 Upper/Lower Cowling & Front Fender|03-04 R6 Fork Mod w/03-04 R6 Front Calipers|EBC Pro-lite Contour Front Brake Rotors|Galfer Stainless Steel Brake 03-04 R6 Brake Lines|Customized FZ6 Fairing Stay to hold 03-04 R6 Front Cowling|PowerCommander III USB|K&N Air Filter|K&N Oil Filter|NGK Iridium Spark Plugs| Motul Full-Synthetic Motor Oil|Custom Machined Setback Plates|Customized FZ6 Shifter Rod|DID -1/+2 520 Conversion|EBC Pro-lite Contour Rear Brake Rotor|Pilot Power 120/70/17-180/55/17|Scorpion Stainless Steel "Race Only" Exhaust

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Mr Crash :(

Subscribed too... this is going to be very interesting!

Good luck Alex, I look forward to seeing how this looks when done... how much did you spend in parts total?

post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Just hanging brain.

Attached Images

A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:09 PM
SuperBike Champion

Two sets of fairings?

07 Raven FZ1 (May 06 2009) Penske 8983|HyperPro Damper|HEL SS,EBC XPro Pads|ASV Shorties|SM Bars|Micron Full System|Lars AB|BMC|Roth VS, AIE|FCE|CD Flies|PC3, IM|Arao EXUP Elim,Shelf|BlindSpot's Anti-kink Fuel Line Mod
CF Chin Cowl|PB CF Hugger|CNC Gas Cap|Red Bits|T-Rex Frame, Axle Sliders|Targa FE,Tank Pad|Sargent Seat|Short Puig DB|Satan666 Hwy Pegs|TechSpec Tank Grips|Rearsets Stiffened|FZ6 pegs|Powerlet|Heated Grips|HIDs|Integrated Taillight|Proton Flushmounts
06 Black FZ6:(July 29 2007) SOLD! R6S Forks,Speedbleeders,SS Lines,HH Sintered Brake Pads|15T,Speedohealer v3|K&N|Puig Light Smoke Racing|06 FZ1 Bar|Axle Sliders|FE|Powerlet|Dual Headlight Mod (White)|F/R Arrow Signals|Pod Light Mod|Fiamm HB Lo Tone|Reflective Frame Decals|BT-016
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
R6S Crash Cushion

More like parts of 3 or 4 sets.

. | I also have a
. Here's its

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso2k View Post
The R6 fairing stay is about 3/4" too short at the triple mount point and our fairing stay is steel. The R6 fairing stay cannot be cut then welded onto the FZ6 fairing (in fact, cutting the aluminum fairing stay ruins it). I owe you a pic of the custom fairing stay.
hey oso!
yeah, that would be cool, maybe I can also have one made for me...
My intention is or was to simply get my neighbor to make me an adaptor for the original R6-stay he is a Welder at bremen steel works here and is able to weld inox/nirosta steels, all types of stainless steels, aluminium and also does weld stuff for ships and aeroplanes! he also would easily be able to make any form i give him ni paper out of high grade stainless steel in almost any thickness i wish since he has access to plasma cutting device!

he showed me some of his work last wek, its pretty awesome, his welding does look as good if not even better then what an automatic welding robot does, and he did certain shapes and complex figures out of stainless steel and even showed me a complete custom made stainless-steel exhaust cat back system he did for a friends 850i BMW....
so since i am over at his house tomorrow and help him with some selling-on-ebay-and-uload-pictures stuff and have allready helped him out quite a lot with technical assistance i hope thta when i need help with the fairing stay i also can count on him

but we will see i guess ;-)
greetz alex
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
Two sets of fairings?
yeah, kind of ;-)
The problem I was facing is simply, that I/we now know the 03-05 fairing onto a fz6 is "do-able" thanks to Oso!
but i got an 08`R6 headlight assembly for 256$ from ebay! so i thought i might also try that...
now i found out that the side parts and also nose cowling fom 08`differ in more then a few things from 06-07`R6, so i bought another set for cheap ;-)

i could simply not decide which to take, so i took em both :-D

i got the - a thus answering Wavex question - Rj11 - the red/white fairing set including headlight assembly and headlight plus 3 side-parts each side, in used and slightly scratched condition for 375€ with shipping off of a german R6-forum, i guess that is a good deal!
so now the plan is to sell the - at least for me - unusable 08`fairing,I guess its a RJ15, again on ebay or the forum and make a little profit out of it and help me pay for the other parts....
shipping that stuff over here was a huge sum of 161$! plus another 67€ toll fees :-/

and for the RJ05 fairing set - the blue one - I paid 468€ lowers left/right, mid fairing left/right and front cowling....

the headlight that goes with it was another 277€ so that also is still quite good a deal, when you consider what i would have to pay, if i got those parts brandnew from my yamaha dealer, but not as good a deal as i got out of the Rj11 stuff...

overall i guess i now spent about 1300€ or 1875$

but as stated earlier, i will sell the fairing set which I do not attach to the bike, so either the Rj05 or the RJ11 one, and i`m defenitley selling th RJ15 one, the silver 08`R6 upper....

i hope that all in all I will not exceed 750€ or about 1080$ since i`m a little short on money now, as u can allready guess

one good thing though, since i got all original yamaha parts, is, that i won`t have troubles using it on street and hopefully also no troubles with our strict "Tüv" regulations here ...
best thing would be if i`d be able to fit th RJ11 model...
that would of course drastically reduce costs...

since i allready have the screen, the mirrors, the headlight plus complete fairing and wire harness laying around...
Rj11 fairing was -> R6-forum 375€
mirros -> ebay 38€
yamaha wind screen 18,90€ -> ebay
my neighbor is doing the welding/forming of adaptors stuff and all for free or a paket of beck`s beer
so i only would need Tüv certification for 32,90€
and some clipons, if my plan to upside-down the original handlebar will not work i.e is still way too high...
oh yeah, forgot the RJ11 stay for 110€

so that would total in about 574,80€ plus Beck`s beer, 600€ or 860$
that is still 150€ left-over if i need some more parts/ miscalculated or some other things will not work out...

of course this implies that i will be able to sell all the other stuff for good money, but i expect to be able to sell it with +-10% of the amount of money I bought it for...

allright, its allready pretty late here slightly after midnight and you can guess from what i wrote earlier, that by going with the RJ05 stuff, since it allready cost me more to buy the fairing and healight and stuff, it would be much more expensive, but still i think that i got some good deals for all the stuff that is now flying around my room and pisses off my girlfriend since i always tell her not to step on it ;-)

i will update this with a complete list of things i got and for how much, when everything has arrived here

Alex

Last edited by kniefi; 02-13-2008 at 05:11 PM.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Yiiihaaa!!!

hey guys, passed my half-way exams on 04.03
and now party and working on the bike is the thing to do ;-)
university stats again on 07th april, so i`ll have some time....

anyways thought today, hmmm, why not try to fit the 03-05 R6`s fairing and though it quickly on the fazer....
never thought it would fit thaaat good
was almost like Lego hehe , not really, jk, but almost

anyways, had to do this alone, so for about 1-2 hours i fought with the parts and some paket-string/thread with which i attached the fairing parts to parts of my fz6^^
surprisingly the holes from the lower ae not off at all from the point the centerstand is currently, so i`ll take that off and get the lower on there...
the upper fairing parts are tied around (with above mentioned thread ) around the original Fazer Cowling mountin points and there i have to improvise mabe an inch or so, but nohing un-doable ;-)

allright, so now i`ll let pictures speak instead of me....
of course the handlebar needs to be taken off and be replaced with clip-ons under the form clamp, then everything shold be finde...hopefully the fairing stay arrives tomorrow and uh, yeah, will post some updates the following days ;-)

post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

some more pics:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in