Finally found some mirror hole covers that fit the 07 perfectly!! - Sportbikes.net
FZ6/FZ6R Mods All exhaust, tire, etc modification discussion

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Finally found some mirror hole covers that fit the 07 perfectly!!

Ok, I've been working with Gregg from Greggscustoms in California and he sent me a bunch of his Mirror Covers to do some R & D on to see if any of his fits. The Rizoma ones that I ordered didn't fit very well at all. They seem to fit the 06 but not the 07. I just got off the phone with Gregg telling him the good news. The ones he designed for the 2004-2006 R1 fit perfectly. The only thing you have to remember to do is to take out the 2 metal spacers that fit in the rubber grommet on each side. Then they fit perfectly on our 2007 FZ6!!!

Here are some pics.

Remove the metal spacers that are inside the rubber housing.

They fit perfectly and are shaped to match the outline on the fairing!

No gap at all! (unlike the Rizoma's I tried)

Here is a link to the page that has the ones we need. Gregg is going to update the page so that it shows the 2007 Yamaha FZ6 as a fit.
Wow! That was fast. He already edited his website!! It was only 20 minutes ago! Here's the link!

Greggs Customs

(Moderator, perhaps you could put this as a sticky in the mods section. I know I've gotten quite a few PM's from guys waiting for me to find out about if these work for our bikes.)

“Memento mori”

2007 FZ6
Scorpion EXO 700 Helmet
JR Reactor 2.0 Jacket
JR Ballistic 5.0 Pants
JR Sonic Gloves
JR Meteor Boots

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by KenInSeattle; 10-15-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
500 G.P. Champion

so what'd you do for mirrors now? bar-ends? or just sans mirrors?

- 2006 Blue FZ6 -
crashed 08.04.08

+$1
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyx
so what'd you do for mirrors now? bar-ends? or just sans mirrors?
I'm getting these...

CRG Lane Splitter Mirrors - $89.99

I put my stock ones back on (only takes 5 minutes) till my gloss black ones get here from Gregg's. I'm ordering my CRG mirrors tonight.

“Memento mori”

2007 FZ6
Scorpion EXO 700 Helmet
JR Reactor 2.0 Jacket
JR Ballistic 5.0 Pants
JR Sonic Gloves
JR Meteor Boots

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Back Marker

To make the CRG mirrors fit, there is some more work you will need to do. On the FZ6, the stock grips overhang the ends of the handlebar somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/2" - you will see this when you take teh stock bar ends off. Because of this, the CRG handlebar adapter will not work. The best way fit them is to machine a groove in the stock bar end for the mirror to clamp onto. Took me 10 minutes to do both, but a machine shop will probably hit you an hour labor, which in most parts is gonna run you about $60.....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff in ohio
To make the CRG mirrors fit, there is some more work you will need to do. On the FZ6, the stock grips overhang the ends of the handlebar somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/2" - you will see this when you take teh stock bar ends off. Because of this, the CRG handlebar adapter will not work. The best way fit them is to machine a groove in the stock bar end for the mirror to clamp onto. Took me 10 minutes to do both, but a machine shop will probably hit you an hour labor, which in most parts is gonna run you about $60.....
Yeah, I found a mod where a guy took his factory bar ends to a machine shop and instead of machining a groove of 3/8" off the end he had them drill a hole down the center and then he used a longer bolt and washers that made up the 3/8" that he needed. That way he didn't lose very much mass from the bar end. The longer bolt and washers made up for the mass he lost with the drilling of the hole and he could still use the factory hex hole and mount the bar end normally. It was very clean looking and easy to do. I'm going to go that route. Here is the link to their instructions.

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/b...tallation.html

“Memento mori”

2007 FZ6
Scorpion EXO 700 Helmet
JR Reactor 2.0 Jacket
JR Ballistic 5.0 Pants
JR Sonic Gloves
JR Meteor Boots

Last edited by KenInSeattle; 10-16-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in