User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hyper Pro Springs - First impressions

I just installed the Hyper Pro Combi-kit in my 2005. It includes increasing rate springs for both front and rear and 15 SAE fork oil.

What I wanted:
- Smoother ride (yes, the pavement sucks around here)
- Reduce front diving under braking
- Improve both front and rear
- Reasonable price (I don't plan to keep my FZ6 forever)

Why I choose this kit:
- My type of riding is very diverse: city, highway, weekend sport touring trips and I just did my first track day. I wanted a better ride in all situations.
- The kit includes springs for both front and rear plus fork oil.
- It's a direct swap, you re-use the stock preload bushings on the front.
- Reasonable price: $249.95 + shipping
- Excellent customer service: The technical support guy called me within 15 minutes of making an inquiry through their website and answer all the questions I had in a very articulate way.

First impressions:
- Street: The suspension absorbs the imperfections of the road way better without feeling soft. The front dive is greatly reduced, almost gone.
- Open road: Impressions to come. I'll do 200-300 miles of combined highway and two lane roads tomorrow.
- Track: Impressions to come. My next track day will be the 29th, I will be able to comment then on the performance of the kit under more aggressive conditions.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I'll have another IPA!

Sounds great. Did you specify a spring rate for your particular setup, or was it "one size fits all"? Let us know how it works after prolonged road use and the trackday experience.

John
"I was too drunk to walk home so I drove."
-Unknown

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Draggin Over Stuntin

Did you look into the race techs at all? I'm looking to do the springs on my girl this winter...but always up for good suggestions...Racetech wasn't that bad as far as price goes...

If you're not living on the edge...you're taking up to much space.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 CBR600RR "Tribal Edition"
LED flush mounted turn signals (front)
L.P. dbl bbl windscreen (smoked)
Stomp Grip tank pads(clear)
Fender Eliminator
Plate Relocator (white led light)
Integrated Tailight (smoked)
K&N air filter (no color...lol)
Two Brothers Exhaust (carbon fiber)
Hotbodies Rear Tire Hugger (Orange)
OEM seat Cowl (Orange)
DUAL HID SLim Ballast 6000k
Tripage 3rd EYE plug and play (WHITE)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
href="
target="_blank">

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Back Marker

The Hyper Pro springs do not have a fix rate, they are increasing rate springs, which means that the spacing between coils increases along the length of the springs. The more force is applied to the spring, the stiffer it gets since the coils that are closer to each other will begin touching.

I know that most people in the FZ6 forum goes with the Racetech, but I really hadn't plan on taking my bike to the track; I was thinking more on the lines of having a smoother ride on the street and the Hyper Pro look like a good option.

The way I understand it, a fixed rate spring like the Racetechs will provide a more consistent/predictable response (probably better for the track?). However, that response may not be that smooth on some surfaces. The increasing rate springs will have a different feel since each set of coils will compress differently depending on the force applied.

I'm sure both options are an improvement over the stock suspension, specially for the FZ6. It is just a matter of preference.

I'll add more comments after my next track day.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I like curves.

cool, this is definitely one of the mods im gonna do, stock front suspension feels like riding a jet-ski

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Superbike Champion

awesome! subscribed for future updates
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 PM
I got your Back Marker!

Is the spring really purple?

Scott

If I speak to people calmly and clearly, I can articulate my position- especially if they can see that the safety is off.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koozi
Is the spring really purple?
Yes, exactly as the picture above. I don't think it looks bad at all on my Blue 2005. These are all the pictures I got:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000121 (Small).JPG
Views:	394
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	137640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000122 (Small).JPG
Views:	338
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	137641  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Saratogian

Is this the package ??? " YAMAHA FZS 600 FAZER 04> ""

http://www.hyperprousa.com/catalog.php?cat=Springs&make=Yamaha&model=YAMAHA%20FZS%20600%20FAZER%2004>&model_name=YAMAHA%20FZS%2 0600%20FAZER%2004>

They have rear shocks for $500

http://www.hyperprousa.com/catalog.php?cat=Shocks&make=Yamaha&model=FZS%20600%20Frazer%20S%2003>&model_name=FZS%20600%20Frazer% 20S%2003>&shocktype=Type%2040

NESBA #264

Quote:
Flats do happen, but it's not enough of a problem to attach magnets or brooms to your bike....
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker

Yes that's it. I was hoping that changing the spring only in the rear would make enough difference for my needs, that's why I bought the combi-kit. So far I'm happy with the results. I don't doubt that replacing the shock would be still a better solution, but I didn't want to spend the $500 for it.

Maybe one of this days we can meet so that you can ride my bike and offer a second opinion. The fact that it works for me doesn't mean that everybody else will like it, and it would be interesting since you have the Racetech springs.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Saratogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsar
Maybe one of this days we can meet so that you can ride my bike and offer a second opinion. The fact that it works for me doesn't mean that everybody else will like it, and it would be interesting since you have the Racetech springs.
A back to back comparison sounds good to me.

NESBA #264

Quote:
Flats do happen, but it's not enough of a problem to attach magnets or brooms to your bike....
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Track Junkie

I would say this kit would be great for the street to give a nice comfortable ride, and a bit more feedback on the streets for spirited riding. The Racetech would most likely be better for the track, as it allows for consistent feedback, instead of the ever changing?

Gear: Scorpion Stinger Jacket, AGV Forza 1pc Suit, Teknic VR-II Gloves, TCX SS Performance 2 Racing Boots, Scorpion EXO-700 Helmet
Bike: Scorpion SS Exhaust, Fender Eliminator, Reflective Rimtape

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker

That's exactly what I think. Now, as I mentioned before, I'll be doing my second track day at Gingerman on the 29th. Let's see what happens then.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 01:08 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Thanks for the write-up. I added a link to the your review next to the Manufacturer's links in the sticky'd "FZ6 Aftermarket Mods" thread. I'm interested to here the "Open Road" and "Track" review.

FZ6 Mods:
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Track Junkie

Cant wait to hear the track review!

Gear: Scorpion Stinger Jacket, AGV Forza 1pc Suit, Teknic VR-II Gloves, TCX SS Performance 2 Racing Boots, Scorpion EXO-700 Helmet
Bike: Scorpion SS Exhaust, Fender Eliminator, Reflective Rimtape

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in