User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Mr Crash :(

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fz6 Naked

Heya all, so I`ve been browsing this forum for a while looking for ways to convert my FZ6 into a FZ6N, and found a lot of good ideas and advice (big thumbs up and thanks to Killernoodle and Steelbilly btw), but no concise summary... there's a "ready to go" KIT that exists @ Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse (director Paul Couper was very nice and helpful), but the $$ was a little too high for me... and I wanted to get it done on my own! So here is what I ordered, with links and details:

Headlight $107.99 Acerbis Cyclops
::NEW:: see end of this thread for info on my new headlight.

Turn Signals $66.00 Rizoma "Track '01"

Turn Signal Fork Clamps $72.00 FORK CLAMP

Speedo Brackets $24.04 7/8"HANDLEBAR CLAMPS KIT
(you can rework the brackets as shown in this thread (you don`t have to though... I just used them "as is" with 4 rubber grommets from HomeDepot -one on each side of the bracket against vibrations-): https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...nversion+naked

Mirrors $148.00 RIZOMA BLACK

Mirror Adapters $24.00 Adapters

Mirror Handlebar Brackets ("Handlebar mount adapters" on the following site): 28.35 Black Handlebar Mirror Adaptor

Of course you`ll have to do some work on the wiring yourself.

Another few links you may find useful:

https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...=13098&page=35

End of FZ6 Conversion - Sportbikes.net

https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...nversion+naked

Powers Motor Sports | Your Shopping Cart

Wild Hair Accessories

and of course, great guys @ PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider

I shall post pics of my bike when I am done... should take me a couple weeks!

Good luck,

Wave

Last edited by wavex; 10-20-2007 at 01:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wavex For This Useful Post:
fabioxr (12-20-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

ok so the post was caught in the spam filter! thanks to jcaesar for digging it out!

Any additional advise welcome!
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Theres no I in threesome

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

LMK if you need any help hooking up the acerbis.

Oh, and if your turn signals are like mine you wont need the mounts for them. I found out a way to mount mine right onto the acerbis and it looks/works great.
post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernoodle
LMK if you need any help hooking up the acerbis.

Oh, and if your turn signals are like mine you wont need the mounts for them. I found out a way to mount mine right onto the acerbis and it looks/works great.
I am gonna be working on it next week, as all the PJ parts will arrive Monday only... (unless the FZ6 gods are with me and it gets here tomorrow). However, I shall hit you up if I run into probs with the acerbis... which btw I got today! I was relieved to see that the number plate, which is white on acerbis' http, is actually black, and the white is an "easy to remove" sticker...

I am very interested to see how you mounted the rizoma signals on the acerbis, you got any close up pics by any chance? Thanks in advance.

I can`t wait to get all the parts and start working on it!
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Theres no I in threesome

I dont have rizoma signals, but the signals I bought are short stalk LED signals. Basically, I figured out the threaded shaft was the exact diameter of the hole on the side of the acerbis to mount the rubber strap. I cut off the barb on the rubber strap and punched a hole in it slightly smaller than the threaded shaft on the turn signal. Then I just bolted through the rubber strap and into the headlight housing and it works like a charm! It holds the headlight on tighter and looks great in the process. You should be able to find pics of it on one of the threads I made.

All I could find was a video of the signals.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...01953182957322

Last edited by killernoodle; 06-15-2007 at 01:38 AM.
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

OK thanks... I just looked at the headlight and think I know what you are talking about... I`ll check it out even though now that the fork clamps are on their way, I want to see how it looks all mounted

Another couple of questions: how are the 55W bulbs in the acerbis? good enough for night riding? did you ever try to change the bulbs?
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Theres no I in threesome

They're decent for night riding, better than the other acerbis headlight, but its not as good as stock. The reflectors are much smaller.

I dont have any problems riding at night though.
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernoodle
They're decent for night riding, better than the other acerbis headlight, but its not as good as stock. The reflectors are much smaller.

I dont have any problems riding at night though.

Thanks... I wonder if there is anyway to swap the bulbs with something more powerful... If anyone has an idea...

Damn, I just heard the UPS truck stop in front of my house, run out there thinking it's bringing me goodies... turns out to be baby stuff for my daughter due in August! argh!
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Alright good news, the PJ parts got here today... mirrors, signals, fork clamp... so I just disassembled the front fairing and the speedo from the fairing... now the hard part... wire harness! anyone has a diagram of the 2 wire bundles? I need to figure out which wires are for the headlight, which are for the signals, and which are for the speedo :-)

Any help is appreciated!
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:56 PM
World Superbike Champion

Look at the wiring diagram in the service manual. It shows the connections and color codes for everything.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yamaha FZ6-SS(C) 2004 Service Manual (ENG) wiring diagram.pdf (255.2 KB, 532 views)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]2004 Faster Blue FZ6 [/COLOR] [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] FAZR6 FE [COLOR=Cyan]| [/COLOR] LSL Sliders [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Dual Headlight Mod [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Givi Maxia E52 Topcase [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Corbin Seat [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Hi-Beam Switched Garage Opener [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Priority Plus Rear Turn Signals [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Kisan Headlight Modulator [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Euro Blue Pod Lights [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Stebel 139db Air Horn [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Autocom Pro-7 Audio Mixer [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Cortech Super-Mini Magnetic Tankbag [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] ContiRoadAttack Tires [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Puig Blue Windscreen [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Silverstar Bulbs [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] SW-MOTECH Barbacks [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Hepco Becker Lowered Passenger Pegs [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] ThrottleMeister [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]Farkles:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Xact Visor Sirius Radio [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Garmin eTrex Vista C GPS [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] BEL RX65 Radar Detector [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Audiovox GMRS500SLK Transceiver [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] SanDisk Sansa e130 MP3 Player [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Samsung i500 Palmphone [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]Gear:[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Nolan N102 Helmet [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Reactor Jacket [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Alter Ego Pants [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Replacement CE Armor [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Diadora Hurricane Boots [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Phoenix 2 Gloves [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR][/SIZE]
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Karam
Look at the wiring diagram in the service manual. It shows the connections and color codes for everything.
Awesome, I just got the signals done by looking at the color coding of the fairing, but this .pdf is definitely needed for the rest of the wires! Thanks a lot!
I should be done tomorrow sometime... pics to follow!
post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

anyone has the full Service Manual in .pdf please? Looking for the legend of all numbers in the wiring diagram above...

Thanks!
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM
World Superbike Champion

Here's the missing legend. Sorry bout that... and here's the link to another thread that has the link to the full service manual http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/...d.php?t=319382
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yamaha FZ6-SS(C) 2004 Service Manual (ENG) wiring diagram legend.pdf (14.7 KB, 582 views)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]2004 Faster Blue FZ6 [/COLOR] [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] FAZR6 FE [COLOR=Cyan]| [/COLOR] LSL Sliders [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Dual Headlight Mod [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Givi Maxia E52 Topcase [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Corbin Seat [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Hi-Beam Switched Garage Opener [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Priority Plus Rear Turn Signals [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Kisan Headlight Modulator [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Euro Blue Pod Lights [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Stebel 139db Air Horn [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Autocom Pro-7 Audio Mixer [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Cortech Super-Mini Magnetic Tankbag [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] ContiRoadAttack Tires [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Puig Blue Windscreen [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Silverstar Bulbs [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] SW-MOTECH Barbacks [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Hepco Becker Lowered Passenger Pegs [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] ThrottleMeister [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]Farkles:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Xact Visor Sirius Radio [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Garmin eTrex Vista C GPS [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] BEL RX65 Radar Detector [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Audiovox GMRS500SLK Transceiver [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] SanDisk Sansa e130 MP3 Player [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Samsung i500 Palmphone [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]Gear:[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Nolan N102 Helmet [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Reactor Jacket [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Alter Ego Pants [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Replacement CE Armor [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] Diadora Hurricane Boots [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR] JR Phoenix 2 Gloves [COLOR=Cyan]|[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by Jim Karam; 06-15-2007 at 07:51 PM.
post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Great summary. I'll add it to the "FZ6 Topics worth linking threads".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FZ6 Mods:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

thanks and thanks! you guys in this forum are simply the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in