User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Need For Speed!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

FZ6 Dual headlight Mod VIDEO!!

Hi I just had some free time on my hands and decided to finally attempt the dual headlight mod on my 2005 FZ6. It actually was way easier than I thought. Here is the link to the video so anyone who wants to see how I did it can take a look.

Hope this can help someone else mod theirs someday

2005 Yamaha FZ6, Carbon Fiber Scorpion Exhaust, Arrow Cat Eliminator Pipe, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock, FASTER SILVER paint Job!!!LOL ...............Later....

Last edited by temptation2003; 09-25-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: updated video link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
FZ6 Corner Carver

great video... made it look easy... so that connector you used just slides right into the stock headlight??? also it looked like you had the 2 highbeams working correctly but when you turned the highbeams off it looked like the right side went to low beam but the left side which was the one that was always on before you did the mod was still on high???

Upgrades: frame-sliders, fend-elim, tcp seatcowl, pazzo levers, LED taillight w/int.turn signals, puig double bubble blue tint windscreen, K&N filter, Carbon Scorpion Exhaust, yamaha tankpad, flush turnsignals...
Drifting is a lifestyle, so live it sideways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFICER737
gotta 7 way party bong at the sheriff's dept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_markII
When I treat the street as a racetrack I just pretend the cops are cornerworkers giving me the meatball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson
ok, here is what you do you ready for this ok lets get down to business you gotta get a bunch of stuff for this you go to the grocery store get a jar of pickles some mayonnaise cheeze wizz crackers some milk and a thing of ketchup you bring all of that to your friends girlfriends house then u bend her over and fuck her in the ass as hard and fast as you can.
DUDELEESTA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
500 G.P. Champion

is it me or is the camera inline with the low beams? The video is great, but the ending seems like flipping the highbeam switch makes the dual filament bulb go into a low beam mode. eheh guess it's just the camera angle, but none the less great job!

now all we need is someone to add more videos for their mods...

edit: lol fz6 dude beat me to it.

but yeah i'm assuming that the camera was just aimed so it gave that weird illusion.

- 2006 Blue FZ6 -
crashed 08.04.08

+$1

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:15 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation2003
Hi I just had some free time on my hands and decided to finally attempt the dual headlight mod on my 2005 FZ6. It actually was way easier than I thought. Here is the link to the video so anyone who wants to see how I did it can take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4D2n1cIOA

Hope this can help someone else mod theirs someday
Nice dude! Thanks for that as it helps just that much more where pictures didn't. What's the word on the two comments above regarding the high/low? Last, did you solder the new wire on to one or both ends of the cut wire? Was hoping you'd show the solder before the tape wrap.

Thanks!!!

*-={FZ1inNH}=-* `09 Cobalt Blue FZ1
*Cortech Sport Saddle and Tail bags**Tank Camera Mount**T-REX Frame Sliders**De-stickered **Two Brothers Racing Slip-on Exhaust **AIS Block Off **LARS Airbox Mod **De-Screened Stock Air Filter**Modded stock rear fender*
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Superbike Champion

Nice video. I recommend cutting into the wiring harness where it goes into the frame. Much less noticeable there.

2005 Silver FZ6:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, FAZR6 FE,
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
FZ6 Corner Carver

also i was wondering did you remove the front fairing to do this or just a part of it... im needing to remove mine for other reasons as well as needing to do this mod... and was wondering how you removed it or took it apart...

Upgrades: frame-sliders, fend-elim, tcp seatcowl, pazzo levers, LED taillight w/int.turn signals, puig double bubble blue tint windscreen, K&N filter, Carbon Scorpion Exhaust, yamaha tankpad, flush turnsignals...
Quote:
Quote:
When I treat the street as a racetrack I just pretend the cops are cornerworkers giving me the meatball.
Quote:
ok, here is what you do you ready for this ok lets get down to business you gotta get a bunch of stuff for this you go to the grocery store get a jar of pickles some mayonnaise cheeze wizz crackers some milk and a thing of ketchup you bring all of that to your friends girlfriends house then u bend her over and fuck her in the ass as hard and fast as you can.
DUDELEESTA

Last edited by FZ6 Dude; 02-24-2007 at 10:37 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
500 G.P. Champion

to do this mod you don't need to remove the whole front fairing, just the inner cowls. But if you need to take off the front cowl, it'll make things a lot easier. especially for routing wires.

- 2006 Blue FZ6 -
crashed 08.04.08

+$1
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Superbike Champion

You really don't have to remove anything. Just turn your handlebars all the way to the right to get to the wires going into the frame and all the way to the left to get to the headlight terminal.

2005 Silver FZ6:

, FAZR6 FE,
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:10 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Thanks for taking the time to do the video, I added it to the "User Mod" section of the sticky'd FZ6 Aftermarket Mods thread.

FZ6 Mods:
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Need For Speed!

Smile FZ6 Dual Headlight Mod

Hi, Thanks For the Comments on the Video. I'll Try and answer the questions you all had one by one. The connector I used had to be spread apart just a little bit by a straight slot screw driver to fit on the top bulb connector, spread it then check the fit make sure it isn't too loose so it falls off. As far as the light on the right being on high the whole time it is a single filament bulb so it cant switch anyway (I BELIEVE....anybody know for sure?) But the side I switched to always on is the dual high and low beam bulb (Dual Filament)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyx
is it me or is the camera inline with the low beams? The video is great, but the ending seems like flipping the highbeam switch makes the dual filament bulb go into a low beam mode. eheh guess it's just the camera angle, but none the less great job!
Yes, the camera was positioned at a very low angle to view both headlights straight on so it could have caused the lights to look a little different..OOPPSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz6innh
Last, did you solder the new wire on to one or both ends of the cut wire? Was hoping you'd show the solder before the tape wrap.
Thanks!!!
Yes, I did solder on the new wire to both of the other ones (worst solder job you'll ever see LOL!!) and I forgot to take a video of that part (In a hurry to finish it), But i think you can just use a wire connector (called a SPLICE LOCK) that allows you to simply splice into the wire without soldering, thought about that after I had cut the wire.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gulf
Nice video. I recommend cutting into the wiring harness where it goes into the frame. Much less noticeable there.
HMMMM..Never thought about that either at the time but it might be a little easier to work on by the handlebars, But you could always splice into the harness down by the frame also i suppose..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ6 Dude
also i was wondering did you remove the front fairing to do this or just a part of it... im needing to remove mine for other reasons as well as needing to do this mod... and was wondering how you removed it or took it apart...
I just removed the inside part of the fairing so I could run the wire around the inside of it the cover the wire up when finished. To remove it there are just 3 allen wrench bolts and one screw on each side, two bolts on the outside of the fairing and one off to the side of the speedometer gauge, and last one little plastic screw under the mirror cover.

Hope the answers help.. I appreciate the positive feedback about the video also! Thanks again

2005 Yamaha FZ6, Carbon Fiber Scorpion Exhaust, Arrow Cat Eliminator Pipe, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock, FASTER SILVER paint Job!!!LOL..... Later
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
FZ6 Corner Carver

thanks...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
DUDELEESTA
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Thanks dude! It was very helpful! I'll be doing mine in another week or two as riding season is about to start in NH. Just waiting for the garage to warm up in the afternoons! That and I have to put on the FAZR6 FE Kit too! Thus far, only the sliders are installed.

-Eric

*-={FZ1inNH}=-* `09 Cobalt Blue FZ1
*Cortech Sport Saddle and Tail bags**Tank Camera Mount**T-REX Frame Sliders**De-stickered **Two Brothers Racing Slip-on Exhaust **AIS Block Off **LARS Airbox Mod **De-Screened Stock Air Filter**Modded stock rear fender*
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 02:19 PM
FZ6 Corner Carver

ill be doing this mod hopefully here in a few weeks after the track day run...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
DUDELEESTA
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Need For Speed!

Dual Headlight Mod

I must say before I did the mod I thought it would be alot harder than it actually was, but now that I'm done with it I can't believe I didn't do it EARLIER!! It is easy to do and I'm glad you guys are going to do it also its well worth the time spent to do the mod (very Little)...
Later

2005 Yamaha FZ6, Carbon Fiber Scorpion Exhaust, Arrow Cat Eliminator Pipe, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock, FASTER SILVER paint Job!!!LOL ...........
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Cubicle Ostrich

My only question is, do you HAVE to solder it on to the wire (splice), or can you just cut the wire down by where it goes into the frame and attach a new wire to the end coming from the bars (clutch side) and run the new wire to the headlight? In other words, there would be some wire running through the frame and some connectors which would be completely disconnected at both ends.

It seems people have done it both ways, I just want to make sure I can just basically cut and extend the side coming from the switchbox on the bars and not have to leave the original wire intact?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in