User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs up R6 Forks Arrived !

Well came home today and what do you know I find a box with my R6 forks and a axle I won on Ebay this weekend, now I think my calipers get here tomorrow accroding to UPS. A few pics I snapped.
Mike think I almost have all the parts for the MOD....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R6 Forks 001 (Medium).jpg
Views:	389
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	28975   Click image for larger version

Name:	R6 Forks 002 (Medium).jpg
Views:	794
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	28976   Click image for larger version

Name:	R6 Forks 004 (Medium).jpg
Views:	329
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	28977  

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FAZR6 FE Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Dual Light MOD
|R6 Fork MOD|R6 Calipers |LSL Sliders
|05 Black Rims|Scorpion CF Exhaust|Corbin Seat|TankSlapper
|Yamaha Lower Cowl |Clears all around W/Intergrated LED Tail Light| TCP Seat Cowl|Puig DS Screen|Painted Hugger/Front Fairing/Side Cowl/Fender|Garmin E-Trex GPS|Galfer Custom SS Lines|
|05-R6 Projector Headlight retro-fit
|Moto-Tote to get it around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Livin' on the Edge!

Congratulations! Make sure they are good and dry. When you compress them there should be NO oil left behind on the inner tubes coming from the seal area. Just a good thing to check for before you go to all the trouble of putting them on. I'm helping Maste do his saturday and let me know if you want help with yours.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAZR6
Congratulations! Make sure they are good and dry. When you compress them there should be NO oil left behind on the inner tubes coming from the seal area. Just a good thing to check for before you go to all the trouble of putting them on. I'm helping Maste do his saturday and let me know if you want help with yours.
Yeah I checked them out there strait and no leaks, I do hear the oil in there splashing around when I move them around some, gonna guess thats normal.
Yeah I hope the calipers make it tomorrow then I think I have everything to do the mod except brake lines, which I think I may just keep the stock ones for now and your special spacers... .
Yeah I could always use help from a expert in this MOD but if I don't have everything yet I would still like to come on by and help out with Maste's setup to get a idea of whats needed. I'll shot you a PM sometime friday to verify your address and make sure you guys are still on for the MOD, I'm still pretty sure how to get there.

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue

FAZR6 FE Kit
|Dual Light MOD
|Yamaha Lower Cowl |Clears all around W/Intergrated LED Tail Light| TCP Seat Cowl|Puig DS Screen|Painted Hugger/Front Fairing/Side Cowl/Fender|Garmin E-Trex GPS|Galfer Custom SS Lines|

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Its like Christmas around here !! just got my 2002 front brakes from the UPS man. Well there on the front porch acording to the tracking system.
Next my dealer calls about my scorpion exhaust its in.

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue

FAZR6 FE Kit
|Dual Light MOD
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Pics of the brakes on the forks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R6 Forks 014 (Medium).jpg
Views:	424
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	29116   Click image for larger version

Name:	R6 Forks 011 (Medium).jpg
Views:	245
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	29118  

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue

FAZR6 FE Kit
|Dual Light MOD
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 02:12 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Uh-oh, original R6 front end thread removed

I remember FAZR6 mentioned something in another post about removing a post because it mentioned the spacers/tabs that he made, but I didn't expect the entire thread to be gone!

I was referencing that thread as my instructions to do the swap and now it's gone before I've finished getting all of the parts. Doh!

Any chance that thread can be brought back to life, with just the part about the spacers and tabs removed? It's be really helpful to have the pictures and info from that thread back again....

=============
JimE

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Livin' on the Edge!

I'll do it now. Sorry Jim
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Unhelpful Canadian

What did you pay for those, if you don't mind my asking?

R6 Forks, Calipers, Master Cylinder / Galfer SS Front Lines / Two Brothers M2 VALE Polished Aluminum Exhaust / Yamaha Chin Fairing / PUIG Race Windscreen / TCP Aerodynamics Painted Hugger & Chain Guard / FAZR6 FE / FS6 Frame Sliders / Watsen Design LED R1 Flushmount Signals / Garmin StreetPilot 2610 + RAM Mount / Corbin Saddle

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't."

Use frame sliders. One never knows when a cripple is about.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Superbike Champion

Congrats on the forks/brakes. It's a very straightforward mod and you'll really love the results!

SOLD--2004 FZ6 (Silver). Sold after 75,100 trouble free miles.

2008 ZZR 600 Plasma Blue. Grip puppies and bi-xenon HIDs. DynoJet Stage 1 Jet Kit. K&N Air Filter. Yoshimura RS3 Bolt On. Dyno Tuned.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Jay
What did you pay for those, if you don't mind my asking?
Wow this is almost a year ago
From memory I think I did a buy them now for about 150.00 for forks and axle and then did another buy it now for like 75.00 for the brakes. I did the buy it nows cause I was to lazy to wait for better deals to come around and I just wanted to get the parts to complete the mod. I am sure you can find better deals now if you wait a while and look online. I usually look at the guys selling feedback before I even bid and since your in CAN make sure they will ship there too cause alot of auctions are for US delivery only. I also like to send a quick email to them before I bid to see how quick they respond just to see how they are with customer service and if they don't reply within a day or so I usually move on to the next auction, so just email then asking for a shipping total if you win that at least give you that ahead of time.
Good Luck on getting parts ... Oh also check you trash or junk mail bins to be sure that they didn't already email you and its just getting tossed into the junk bin by your ISP.

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue

FAZR6 FE Kit
|Dual Light MOD
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Unhelpful Canadian

I'm a software developer, I would never lose a mail in the junkmail sandbox! I would also never use my ISP provided emails, sure makes for a pain in the ass when you switch services.

In any case, I am really confused about the forks I won on auction, first the guy didn't respond... then days later, someone else responds claiming to work for the guy using his account saying he'll ship them and then tell me how much I owe... and then I don't hear for a few more days, then he asks me for my address (again...) and says he'll send it right away, all the meanwhile I have not sent a red cent (and at this point, will not do so until I see some forks!). It seems like this guy who "works" for the guy who is "out of town", has totally forgotten that I even have to pay at all!

In any case, I'm going to be really surprised if I end up getting the forks & axle I won, and moderately even more surprised if they're actually in good shape.

R6 Forks, Calipers, Master Cylinder / Galfer SS Front Lines / Two Brothers M2 VALE Polished Aluminum Exhaust / Yamaha Chin Fairing / PUIG Race Windscreen / TCP Aerodynamics Painted Hugger & Chain Guard / FAZR6 FE / FS6 Frame Sliders / Watsen Design LED R1 Flushmount Signals / Garmin StreetPilot 2610 + RAM Mount / Corbin Saddle

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't."

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:47 AM
500 GP Racer

Crazy stuff Jay...

Wanted to toss my prices out there. Got the forks for $110 shipped. Perfect condition. I had a situation simialr to yours where the guy kept saying they left, then not, then they did, and I was worried they'd even be in good condition, then they just showed up like two weeks later as I was cutting my losses... didn't come with the axle, but I got that brand new from Ron Ayers or something for like $30 shipped. Then it was $70 shipped for some R1 calipers, new with pads. So all up... $210.

2004 Yamaha FZ6; converted to FZ6-Naked
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul

| Arrow Exhaust, with Cat Elim | Dyno'd PCIII | R6 Forks, professionally tuned | R1 Front Brakes | Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines | Braking Wave Rotors | HH Galfer Pads | FS6 Frame Sliders | Dunlop D208's | Scorpio Alarm | Clear Lens LED Tail Light | Clear Lens Turn Signals | Homemade CF FE | Plate mount mini LED rear turn sigs | Custom Frame Paint | Custom Carbon Engine Guards | Synthetic Fluids | is there anything else i can do??...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Unhelpful Canadian

You guys have it so easy buying online down there. So much more choice at reasonable shipping rates. a $20 axle would probably cost me $60 to get here.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:53 AM
SBN Rookie

the first, sorry but my english.
The R6 fork is 2003 or 2004??

Thanks.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Born Again Rocker

Good prices, in the UK a set of R6 2004 forks on Ebay are about 170GBP ($294) without yolks!! + Shipping!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in