Suzuki Will Run Three Riders In '09 Superbike

BAM! It's On!!!

Suzuki Will Run Three Riders In '09 Superbike
mladin to run number seven
by staff
Monday, January 26, 2009
This just in from Suzuki:

American Suzuki Announces its Support for Road Racing in 2009

BREA, Calif. (Jan. 26, 2009) - American Suzuki Motor Corporation announced today that the Rockstar Makita Suzuki Racing team will compete in the AMA Pro Racing Superbike series for 2009. After extensive discussions with AMA Pro Racing, American Suzuki has received clarification of the AMA rules that will see the Suzuki GSX-R1000 sportbike on the racing grid beginning with the opening round in Daytona, Fla., in March.

Road racing is an important activity for Suzuki at the professional and amateur levels. The manufacturer uses it as much for testing and development as for sales and marketing. Its championship winning heritage and class-leading sales prove that this competitive activity is beneficial for Suzuki as well.

Mat Mladin, six-time AMA Superbike Champion, will race his No. 7 Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the premier AMA Pro American Superbike class for Team Rockstar Makita Suzuki. Tommy Hayden will race his No. 22 Rockstar Makita Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the same class. New team member Blake Young will round out the three-man Rockstar Makita Suzuki team in the AMA Pro American Superbike class.

ENDS

Post this story to: digg

SBN Super Duper
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Report all Flames

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Glen Castle
813-363-0030
CCS #41
ASRA #41
WERA #41

Sponsors:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
trackday junkie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sweet!!!

:gsxr
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Mladin needs to move on. I lost quite a bit of respect for him after hearing one of his rants during Leguna last year about the upcoming rules changes. He made the comment that "We're not going to get quality racing." I guess they were quality races to him because he was only racing against Ben Speis the last 2-3yrs.

If it'll run, I'll ride it!

The master of all your high performance needs

Last edited by Ride1Rob; 02-02-2009 at 08:26 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Meat Popsicle

Spies is fast in wsb practice on a different bike so I would say Miladin is fast and its not just the bike like everyone says and I'm sure he wants one more championship #7. Miladin has never held back on what he says and probaly never cared what the press thinks. The other bike manufacturers don't like the new rules either because they have said they want to race the best and not a handicap bike.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:45 PM

I figured they would come crawling back sooner or later. Personally I would tell them too late, you should have thought about this a little more when you where throwing a temper tantrum about the DMG rules.

And I agree, Mladin needs to go. Don't get me wrong, he is a great rider but the time comes when you are just sand bagging and you should move on to something more challenging. In my opinion he stopped climbing the ladder and found a place that he is comfortable in and knows he can win.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Skerd To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
I figured they would come crawling back sooner or later. Personally I would tell them too late, you should have thought about this a little more when you where throwing a temper tantrum about the DMG rules.

And I agree, Mladin needs to go. Don't get me wrong, he is a great rider but the time comes when you are just sand bagging and you should move on to something more challenging. In my opinion he stopped climbing the ladder and found a place that he is comfortable in and knows he can win.

+1
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Looks like Mladin and company will be using '08 models for Daytona and Fontana rounds...

Yoshimura Suzuki to Race '08's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in