02 gsxr 1000 map needed please somthin close to my mods - Sportbikes.net
EFI tuning and Engine Mods This section can be a resource for all EFI tuning questions and custom tunes.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
SBN Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

02 gsxr 1000 map needed please somthin close to my mods

got a 02 gsxr 1000, i have the power comander 3 on it, two brother pipe, aftermarket header, race air filter,the motor has the 1300 rotating assimbly in it,and i cant find a map to load to make it half way right, man i got it off of had it tuned with a tiki tool with a straight tip on the exaust and runing on race gas, now that i had to put a two brother pipe on it and cant aford race gas so i got a power comander so i could get it tuned, its runing lean according to the green light on the comander ,,, any one have a map i can use that may be close to what i have so i can use it till i get the money to have her dyno tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:58 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The green light you're referring to... How does that tell you you're running lean? Also, if the engine was built to run race fuel, run race fuel.
You don't seem to have a grasp on the tuning, so I doubt that throwing someone's map in there would help you much, since you'd have to tweak it for your application anyway or risk engine failure.
The only thing that seems out of the ordinary on this setup would be the 1300cc rotating assembly. You could probably use the map for the Two Bros "Full system with an aftermarket filter and add another 15 to 20 points to the entire map to start with and tune from there.
My reccomendation, save the cash and take it to a dyno and get it mapped properly. If you don't have proper test driving knowledge or tuning knowledge, you may never get the results your'e looking for. .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in