Bazazz or PCIII - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
EFI tuning and Engine Mods This section can be a resource for all EFI tuning questions and custom tunes.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
After Me Lucky Charms

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

TC is expensive because it's ALL units into one. TC, QS, Automap, and ECU. It's the only way you can buy the TC too...I know, it sucks.

IMO, the QS and TC is a waste of money for the street. I'd only buy it for the track. Just the ECU + ZF-M is the way for the street.

Last edited by Shamrock627; 05-28-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yeah it does...I'm probly gonna go with the Bazzaz. Seems like a more complete tuning item.

It is not the goal but the way there that matters, and the harder the way the more worthwhile the journey.

From The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord>>>>>

"I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve"

"Shooting is not too good for my enemies."
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
SBN Advertiser

I know I'm a bit late on this one but just to clarify, the PCIII connects to the lowers only but PCV has the option to tune all 8 injectors when using the SFM. We also have the ability to tune each set of injectors which is key when doing this. Other units can NOT do this. As far as a fuel controller goes our unit will do everything theirs will plus much more.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynojetResearch View Post
I know I'm a bit late on this one but just to clarify, the PCIII connects to the lowers only but PCV has the option to tune all 8 injectors when using the SFM. We also have the ability to tune each set of injectors which is key when doing this. Other units can NOT do this. As far as a fuel controller goes our unit will do everything theirs will plus much more.
Went with the ZiFi and you're correct on the PCV save it wasn't available for my year bike. I've noticed the ZiFi lacks the ability to compare maps as my PC3 did.

It is not the goal but the way there that matters, and the harder the way the more worthwhile the journey.

"I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve"

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
After Me Lucky Charms

He failed to tell you that PCV is only for 2009+ bikes...without being jury rigged.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

I've read that the 09 CBR600 PCV (or 2010) fits the 04-05 CBR1ks but the deciding factor there is if it didn't (or there was some unseen issue) I'm stuck with a mod I can't return or get running right. So far the Bazazz is good, the lack of map comparison sucks, and the "smoothing" feature is kind of cryptic (to the people like me who don't know but like to tinker). I think the real proof will be with it being tuned proffessionally. I know that goes without saying...out of the box the bike runs great and the Throttle calibration was easier than I remember the PC3 being. I'll keep posting up as I make new discoveries. Hope everyone does the same.

Last edited by Tyger; 08-03-2010 at 10:22 PM.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 PM
2009 ASMA #3

I will add that if this is for the track, the T/C is awesome!

2009 ASMA #3

ASMA - CMRA #118
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig70 View Post
I will add that if this is for the track, the T/C is awesome!
Coudn't afford the TC unit...maybe later, how do you like it overall? Did you use the stock maps or get it tuned? Any differences with the bikes normal operation? High/low temps...twitchiness, etc?

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
2009 ASMA #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Coudn't afford the TC unit...maybe later, how do you like it overall? Did you use the stock maps or get it tuned? Any differences with the bikes normal operation? High/low temps...twitchiness, etc?
I love it! Had the PC3 and ignition module plus quickshifter first, I had no problems with it, it had a custom map, but I wanted the T/C. I did have a custom map made, actually, I had two maps made, I have the bar switch also. I have a buddy who races in AMA, and I used his map for the traction control, and I do not want to ride a bike witout it now. It has done everything I expected and wanted.

2009 ASMA #3

ASMA - CMRA #118

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

My wallet just did the abused child cringe....maybe when I go track I'll upgrade and sell the used bits. Just tack that on to the "slip-on-full system" upgrade list.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 AM
After Me Lucky Charms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I've read that the 09 CBR600 PCV (or 2010) fits the 04-05 CBR1ks but the deciding factor there is if it didn't (or there was some unseen issue) I'm stuck with a mod I can't return or get running right. So far the Bazazz is good, the lack of map comparison sucks, and the "smoothing" feature is kind of cryptic (to the people like me who don't know but like to tinker). I think the real proof will be with it being tuned proffessionally. I know that goes without saying...out of the box the bike runs great and the Throttle calibration was easier than I remember the PC3 being. I'll keep posting up as I make new discoveries. Hope everyone does the same.
What the smoothing feature does is...Let's say you get a glitch in your PC when it's being uploaded or downloaded, or a software glitch. Let's just say the glitch is at 5k rpm, and it goes to -50%. The smoothing feature takes the 2 cells each way and smoothes out that 5k rpm. That way, it doesn't blow your engine because it was -50% lean.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

sooo, thats something I shouldn't mess with then...so far I've just calibrated the throttle position (closed set at actual and full open set at 93% of actual). There was some sluggishness staring out in 1st gear so i filled two of the cells with +1. i'm thinking a full calibration and custom map is gonna be the primary cure for getting what I want out of it.

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:38 PM
SBN Rookie

Getting ready to drop the change for a custom tune on my PCIII as well, and wishing I had gotten the Bazzaz with autotune instead after checking the prices for dyno time around here.

2007 Yamaha R6v, Full Leo Vince, BMC Filter, PC III, Graves Smog Plates, Puig Screen, CustomLED Tail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in