Sportbikes.net

Sportbikes.net (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/)
-   EFI tuning and Engine Mods (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/efi-tuning-engine-mods/)
-   -   Yamaha Computer / Speedometer / Factory ECU Tuning (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/efi-tuning-engine-mods/431350-yamaha-computer-speedometer-factory-ecu-tuning.html)

Zanch 04-19-2010 03:25 PM

Yamaha Computer / Speedometer / Factory ECU Tuning

I've been searching and searching, but I can't find a picture of what to jumper in order to adjust the C01 and C02 settings on my Yamaha FZ6. I understand that it's the same as for the R6, R1, and FZ1 plus others? I'll try and take a look at it tonight and see if it's self explanatory / finally post a picture of what to do.

Any Help would be appreciated. Post Links or pictures... I've had enough descriptions on what to do.

Papa Rocket 04-22-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanch (Post 4330074)
I've been searching and searching, but I can't find a picture of what to jumper in order to adjust the C01 and C02 settings on my Yamaha FZ6. I understand that it's the same as for the R6, R1, and FZ1 plus others? I'll try and take a look at it tonight and see if it's self explanatory / finally post a picture of what to do.

Any Help would be appreciated. Post Links or pictures... I've had enough descriptions on what to do.

I'll have to look through my notes to be sure as to which one, but I'm fairly certain it's a Grey wire on the ecu. Ground it and then access the CO screen.

Zanch 04-22-2010 12:02 PM

Done

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rocket (Post 4332263)
I'll have to look through my notes to be sure as to which one, but I'm fairly certain it's a Grey wire on the ecu. Ground it and then access the CO screen.

I figured it out.... even made an official how to.
Enable Co Adjustment USA Only (Lean / Richen) - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Papa Rocket 06-16-2010 09:54 AM

I'm fairly certain that it does'nt adjust the Fuel at WOT. Is there an O2 sensor on that bike?
That adjustment is usually reserved for emissions and a PC3 would be a smarter choice to adjust the fuel.

Zanch 06-16-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rocket (Post 4373594)
I'm fairly certain that it does'nt adjust the Fuel at WOT. Is there an O2 sensor on that bike?
That adjustment is usually reserved for emissions and a PC3 would be a smarter choice to adjust the fuel.

CO values adjust the exhaust gas. Having it adjusted correctly for an exhaust etc. is supposed to be good for about 3 HP according to some dyno tests I've seen floating around.