Safety First Suzuki reflects on Daytona - Sportbikes.net
Breaking News All information posted about Sportbikes.net and the Sportbike Industry. Check back daily!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Chief Booty Knocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Safety First Suzuki reflects on Daytona

Safety First Suzuki equaled their best finish ever in the Daytona 200 with rider Bobby Fong crossing the finish line in 12th. Teammate Scott Ryan was in 15th place with six laps to go when a mechanical issue robbed the team from placing both riders in the top fifteen. Stockton, CA resident Fong completed his first ever AMA race and was as high as 11th place, before losing out to a late race battle on the last lap to finish a very credible 12th.

The quality of the Michelin tires on the Suzuki GSXR 600’s, along with very quick pit stops by the Safety First Suzuki Team played a big role in the riders steady progress through the field. Lemont, Illinois rider Scott Ryan had an up and down weekend, finishing 35th in the talent-deep Supersport race and falling mid-way through the FX 200 race, only to rapidly remount his bike and work his way back through the field and come up just a few laps short when a mechanical sidelined Ryan.

Kevin Hanson- Safety First Suzuki Team Owner

“What really stood out this weekend was that both riders first saw and rode this daunting track on Wednesday. I am delighted with the outcomes of their performances in both the Supersport race on Thursday and the 200 on Saturday. Bobby and Scotty both came here with virtually no Daytona experience and left with a diploma in their hand. What they learned here will certainly benefit them the rest of the year with their racecraft and both of these guys rode their hearts out.”

Bobby Fong: 21st- Supersport, 12th- Formula Xtreme

“Overall, it was a great learning experience. There are a lot of fast guys here. I got a chance to really try out my Komodo leathers by having several “offs” during the weekend, but I stayed on the bike when it mattered and finished 21st in Supersport and almost got a top ten for the biggest race in North America, all in my first time. The Komodo leathers and Suomy Helmets really held up to their reputations as being the highest in quality. I had a huge highside and whacked my head in the International Horseshoe and had a fast get-off in the back chicane. There were no holes or burn through in my leathers. They are ready to go for the next race!”

Scott Ryan: 35th- Supersport, 42nd- Formula Xtreme (DNF)

“I was able to whittle away and get to know this track during the weekend and I am looking forward to Barber, a track I have been too before. I also fell in love with my Komodo leathers and Suomy helmets as Bobby and I did some pretty intense field testing and they held up awesome!”

The team was very happy with the performance of their Michelin DOT’s tires that they ran all week. “After each race and after the pit stops, the tires looked great” declared Hanson. “Ron and the guys at Michelin gave us some great tires and we were proud to be the highest Michelin team in the prestigious Daytona 200. Both riders also wanted to thank engine-builder Ed Hilton back at the Safety First Racing shop in Chicago, as he gave them some very fast bikes for this horsepower dominated track.

Safety First Suzuki was formed in 2004 by police officer/racer, Kevin Hanson, based out of Chicago, IL. For 2007, Safety First Suzuki will be competing in the AMA Superbike series in the Supersport and Formula Xtreme classes and is proud to be partnering with American Suzuki, Michelin, 4&6 Racing, Hindle Exhaust, GP Suspension, Suomy Helmets, Pit Bull, Flipside Graphics, Sportbikes.net, Vortex, Performance Friction, Penske, Komodo Gear, Hotbodies, Tsubaki, 7th Gear Performance Lubrication, Bazzaz Performance, R-Tech fuel, Kinesio Taping and Biofreeze. Checkout www.SAFETYFIRSTRACING.com to see the Safety First Suzuki line of apparel and casual wear. Kevin Hanson continues to educate elementary school aged children nationwide about the importance of helmet usage.

# # # #

Any questions or comments regarding the press release can be directed to:

Dr. David Boll- Operations Manager 920-450-6066 [email protected]

Kevin Hanson- Team Owner/Principal 217-493-3811 kevin @safetyfirstracing.com

Dr. David Eric "Doc" Boll
Operations Manager/Team Doctor
Safety First Racing
www.safetyfirstracing.com

Fred
SBN Administrator & Webmaster
Sportbike - 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Race Bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Chief Booty Knocker

I just wanted to Add. I am very prowd of the Safety First Racing Team.

Great job guys!

Fred
SBN Administrator & Webmaster
Sportbike - 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Race Bike
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Yes I'm a FIB

Congrats, great finish in both races!
Will be watching you guys at Road America in June so I'll be sure to stop by your pit to say hi.

"She always brings me what I need, without I beg and sweat and bleed......Queensryche/Operation Mindcrime/Spreading the Disease
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2001 Honda CBR600 F4i
Miquel Duhamel replica

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
KH, Rest In Peace Brother

NICE!! Congrats to the whole team for a helluva job

William (Will) SBN
R.I.P. Krazy Hawaiian-you will be missed brother!!

Bike Mods:CarbonFreak Windscreen, Power Commander, Galfer Superbike Brake Lines, Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads, BMC Air Filter, Motovation Frame Sliders, Redlinestands Swingarm Spools.

WERA #951
NESBA #951

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hemmet-cam LEO-LEESTA!!!
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat!-Virgil
POLICE K9: GO AHEAD AND RUN, IT'S YOUR ASS!
SHUT UP!! I can only listen to one person lie to me at a time!!-Officer737

2006 Graduate of the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School (race school)
"Putting my foot in your ass since 2005!"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
World Superbike Champion

nice article fred I didnt know you..........

could write like that?? seriously great story and fong rocked the house and rode very smart for a young racer.................kudos kevin!

RACE MOD.........ANY QUESTIONS JUST PM ME.....

On the GAS past GOD, Brake when you see the DEVIL
BUWAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA devil

LIVING LIFE ONE APEX AT A TIME..........
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
World 500 GP Champion

And where was Fargin?

-- Jim

|
|
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Anything

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitman
could write like that?? seriously great story and fong rocked the house and rode very smart for a young racer.................kudos kevin!
He must've finally found the spell check feature...

Good job, Safety First Racing! Looking forward to a great season.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in