Safety First Suzuki to ride on Michelin Tires in 2007 AMA Series - Sportbikes.net
Breaking News All information posted about Sportbikes.net and the Sportbike Industry. Check back daily!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
World 500 GP Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Safety First Suzuki to ride on Michelin Tires in 2007 AMA Series

Safety First Suzuki to ride on Michelin Tires in 2007 AMA Series
press release

When the Safety First Suzuki GSXR 600's take to the track this year, they will be
astride Michelin tires. Team Owner Kevin Hanson indicated, "I am really looking
forward to this year, both riders have been on Michelin in the past, and we'll be
able to test and develop some compounds for Michelin as the year goes along.
Michelin is excited to be on board with Safety First with our kids safety program
due to their bicycle tire production. It's the purest reflection of a "win-win"
relationship."

Rider Bobby Fong commented, "I am very pleased and excited to be offered the
opportunity to compete on the Michelin tires for my first professional year in the
AMA FX and Supersport racing season. With Michelin's help in 2006, I was able to
achieve 2 AFM championships as well as high point scorer in the AFM series. I am
proud to know that Michelin Tires will once again provide me with the finest tires
available."

"I am also really excited to be working with Michelin again this season" quoted
rider Scotty Ryan. "I always know that Ron Wood, Tommy Mason and Walt Schafer are
going to point me in the right direction. I think that the familiarity that Bobby
and I have with the Michelins combined with Jim and Kevin's expertise with the
Suzuki's - we will have a really strong team this season."

Ron Wood, Michelin's Manager of Road Racing and Sales added, "Michelin is proud to
be associated Safety First Racing for 2007. The 2007 AMA race season should prove to
be interesting with the addition of exciting new riders, Bobby Fong and Scott Ryan.
We are also excited and anxious to work with Kevin on the kids program. Michelin is
a family oriented company and the kids program fits well with our company."

Safety First Suzuki was formed in 2004 by police officer/racer, Kevin Hanson, based
out of Chicago, IL. For 2007, Safety First Suzuki will be competing in the AMA
Superbike series in the Supersport and Formula Xtreme classes and is proud to be
partnering with American Suzuki, 4&6 Racing, Michelin Tires, Hindle Exhausts, GP
Suspension, Michelin, Sportbikes.net, Flipside Graphics, Vortex, Performance
Friction, Pit Bull, Penske, Tsubaki, Microblue Racing, Kinesio Taping and Hotbodies.
Checkout www.SAFETYFIRSTRACING.com to see the Safety First Suzuki line of apparel
and casual wear. Kevin Hanson continues to educate elementary school aged children
nationwide about the importance of helmet usage.

FB 2.1r4R.I.P. Shawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in