Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Andy Bell is my hero.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)

Sure, why not. I'll bow down as well.

I can't wait to see one up close. And I can't wait to see one with some decent aftermarket pipes on it.

SUPER MODERATOR

Maturity is vastly overrated.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't let it get in the way of a good time.

Best piece of advice,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of the guys I work with bought one about a month or two ago. It is pretty sweet. Huge, but sweet.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
500 GP Racer

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
I sat on two last weekend at the motorcycle show, very very nice. The black looks mean as hell, I need one of these like I need air!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_suz_B-king_lowrear.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	148925   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_suz_B-king_rear.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	148926   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_suz_B-king_side.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	148927   Click image for larger version

Name:	B-king_jpg%20(1000x665).jpg
Views:	7002
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	148928  

One Cool Canadian :Got Beer?

"The man who follows the crowd will usually go no further then the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been" Alen Ashley-Pitt
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I saw one in person back in November and though it was pretty hideous. It may look better with pipes and fender eliminator, though, but stock was just too big.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
SBN Newb

This is my next bike.With slipons and pc111 puts out 175hp.YEAH.I'm an old guy from the 70's.Started on a new 1975 Z-1b.Been in quite a few accidents with that old Kaw.So my back is too bad for the sport bikes.Been waitin for a sit up monster.You can et one for $10400 leftover 08.Was waitin for Kawi to do somethin but they keep on shoving that Z1000 down our throat.The most uncomfortable bike I ever owned.Vibrated so bad my kickstand fell off.Come on Kaw make the ZX-14 naked!!!

Kawasaki is our guardian angel of high performance

Last edited by audioboyz; 08-08-2008 at 02:00 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 01:06 AM

You'll love the bike man. I've got just about 1000 miles on mine and absolutely love it. I will eventually have Yoshi's and a PC III but for now it's stock.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 PM

V-Max vintage vs. B-King

Had a 2005 V-Max. Put several mods (shocks, seat, steering column) to make it drivable. The bike had tons of torque, but it handled like a beast in the twisties. Bias-ply tires + long wheel base were the problems, I guess. always had to struggle thru the turns. Everyone said it was designed to be a stoplight dragster, I guess they were right.

Just traded it in for a black '08 B-King. Wow, what a difference. Thru the twisties with no problem at all. And while the torque is not a good at 1500-2000 as the V-Max, it comes on smoothly around 2500. Nice, very nice.

I'm right under 6 foot and it fits me like a glove. This bike is truly two-thumbs up.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
RAD
SBN Newb

I had a V-max also , I did a bunch of mods, man I loved that bike! Handled terribly though!

I almost bought a B-King a few months back but the local dealer would not come off the price at all. I have seen some going for $8000, what a deal that would been.

Some people like em and some hate em, I want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwschull View Post
Had a 2005 V-Max. Put several mods (shocks, seat, steering column) to make it drivable. The bike had tons of torque, but it handled like a beast in the twisties. Bias-ply tires + long wheel base were the problems, I guess. always had to struggle thru the turns. Everyone said it was designed to be a stoplight dragster, I guess they were right.

Just traded it in for a black '08 B-King. Wow, what a difference. Thru the twisties with no problem at all. And while the torque is not a good at 1500-2000 as the V-Max, it comes on smoothly around 2500. Nice, very nice.

I'm right under 6 foot and it fits me like a glove. This bike is truly two-thumbs up.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 06:42 PM

VMax vs B-King

Yea I paid just over 9K. It had 2 miles on it. Beautiful bike and priced just right.

Only Issue I've found so far is the mirrors are just inadequate. All I see is my shoulder and a small piece of the road and huge vibration in the mirrors. Couldn't see anything directly behind me. Swapped them out for a 60.00 set of handlebar mirrors from Cycle Gear. Works great and absolutely NO vibration in the mirror.

I kept the stock handlebar vibration dampeners. Put the clamp between the dampner and the handle bar. Left side worked without issue. The stock bolt was long enough. Throttle side required me to remove a ~ 5/8 inch metal spacer between the blind nut and the other compression spacer.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Mediocre Strafer

Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,004 Posts

B-King....

Home of the Whopper!

KeS

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 AM
RAD
SBN Newb

I did the same exact thing with the mirrors on my Bandit a while ago, I could not see anything but me.

If I would have bought the B-King I was going to lower it a little front and back (possibly shave the seat down) as I'm short and the seat area is so wide. Changing the exhaust does a great deal for the looks of the bike. I have also seen a cool sporty small windshield for it.

The local dealers (3 of them) have not sold a single B-King and were not discounting them, just moving them into the warehouse.

Post pics when you get a chance, did you get it in black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwschull View Post
Yea I paid just over 9K. It had 2 miles on it. Beautiful bike and priced just right.

Only Issue I've found so far is the mirrors are just inadequate. All I see is my shoulder and a small piece of the road and huge vibration in the mirrors. Couldn't see anything directly behind me. Swapped them out for a 60.00 set of handlebar mirrors from Cycle Gear. Works great and absolutely NO vibration in the mirror.

I kept the stock handlebar vibration dampeners. Put the clamp between the dampner and the handle bar. Left side worked without issue. The stock bolt was long enough. Throttle side required me to remove a ~ 5/8 inch metal spacer between the blind nut and the other compression spacer.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:56 AM

I actually replaced the seat also; got the factory gel. I can go thru 2 tanks with only a 10 minute stop to refuel and no butt issues :-). I also installed the factory bug screen. Not much of a wind shield but it does keep bugs off the instruments; It may create a slight air-foil ... but not much.

I really can appreciate the handling of this bike. Verrrry smooth on the uptake out of a turn Way better than my 2005 V-Max. I had a couple of sport bike riders that wanted to try her out (thinking of purchasing her) and I told them that I just could NOT afford the risk. Having someone who is accustomed to a decent handling bike take a beast like the V-Max into a turn and then throttle-on is just too scary. That back tire would almost always drift IF they cracked the throttle at the wrong point in the power band (V-Boost @ 4.5K thanks to a slight mod). Did it to me a couple of times before I just learned to slow down.

Some bikes are just meant for top end, some to be drag bikes and others touring/crusing bikes. And then of course there are the 1/8 mile "roudy" bikes (like the B-King)... I like to think of the B-King as part 1/8 mile and part touring. Just the right match for me. I really wanted the new V-Max BUT just too costly and too heavy. Yamaha really priced themselves out of the roudy bike class and into the elitist highly finished class. It's a sweet bike, just NOT for me.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 AM

RAD,
I see you are from SC. I bought my B-King from Anderson Motorsports in SC for 9.2K. I guess this is a benefit of the recession and of Suzuki over-pricing their bike. Bad timing for Suzuki and great for me.

I hear the new 2010 B-King will come in two more colors and be 1K more. Sure am glad I bought mine before they escillated the price again.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Mediocre Strafer

Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,004 Posts

I heard the new 2010 B-King won't come at all, along with the rest of the Suzuki lineup.

KeS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in