post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM
mpusch
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangosmoothie16 View Post
I tend to search forums first lol. Found this so I revived it haha. Thanks for the advice. I have seen your thread haha. I was clutchless shifting in that vid. I asked on EX500 and FOG said it takes practice, I was doing fine, and to take it a little over 10 grand. I've used your technique before too. Obviously a stop watch isn't the most accurate. I'd need to go to the track and launch a few times and compare 60 ft times.
I added a few edits to my prior post. Seems like you have a pretty good feel for launching and just can refine it a bit. Remember that those 0-60 times are done by very talented riders in ideal conditions. I think I put down pretty good times on my Daytona (7.69 in the 1/8th) until I see that other guys are getting close to 7 flat. It's pretty humbling.

I'd definitely recommend finding a track if you can, it'll make it a much more enjoyable experience. I'm lucky enough to have an 1/8th mile track right near me and a 1/4 mile track an hour away. It's worth a moderate trip IMO.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome