PhilB
A guy on a scruffy bike

Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,830 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHbreeze View Post
Motorcycles are not cheaper than cars overall. Get a cheaper car if thats your motivation.
Motorcycles are WAY cheaper than cars of the equivalent type. There is overlap overall -- the higher-end bikes are more expensive to buy and run than the cheaper cars. I'm sure I could run a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris or such for less than my Ducati. But why would I want to? Any good car that's fun to drive and has any performance and niceness to it would be far more to buy and run than any but the most exotic bikes. And when you step up to the exotic bikes that cost a lot to run, they are no contest with an exotic car -- you could ride a Bimota daily for a lot less than a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Apples to apples.

PhilB

"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." -- Carl Schurz, (1829-1906) German born U.S. Senator and Union Army general during the US Civil War

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

'93 Ducati "Ferrari of Motorcycles" Monster 900; 229,000 miles so far
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilB For This Useful Post:
Hyena (12-06-2012), SŁsser Tod (12-05-2012)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome