post #3707 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM
drur
Taking my time....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTiger View Post
Suzuki : SV: eBay Motors (item 160436545340 end time May-26-10 19:30:00 PDT)

I ran across this bike online and was thinking about getting it because of the price and I figure it would be a good bike to get more experience on. (ins would run about ~600/year paid in full, full coverage, or about ~100 down, 55/month.)

But I really like the R6 bikes...the early 2000's? to 2005 I believe, and there is a 2000(2001?) Honda CBR F4 in the area that looks pretty nice for 3,000. (ins would be closer to 1,200/year est)

I'm just wondering if it would be better for me to go with a 650 twin, as opposed to a 600 inline four... I know the 600's have about ~30-40 more horses, but I'm still not sure that it would really be too much, I think I could handle it.

I just don't want to get a twin, and then be ready to upgrade in a few months- a year. I want to find one I'll love for 3+ years.... any suggestions?

edit: forgot how much more the full coverage was for an inline four, going to go with a twin. Now to find one in my budget. lol.
Stick with the 650 twin.

They travel in the time of the prophets
On a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun
Like lovers and hereos, and the restless part of everyone
We're only at home when we're on the run

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome