Sport Bikes banner

I pick up my B King this weekend.

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chadrob30 
#1 ·
It fits me like a glove, so I can't wait to finally twist that throttle! I own a ZZR1200 ninja now, so going back to a naked will be a nice change. I miss my old V max, but i feel the B King is a better value by far than the new V max. We shall see! Pipes and that little flyscreen are sure to follow, so stay tuned.

#3 ·
I'm jealous. Riding it will make you in love with it. Its ugliness will turn to beauty. Its that good.

#4 ·
I met the guy who was buying my ZZR1200 from me right in the dealer parking lot. He was happy and gone in minutes. Took some time for the unprepared dealer to process my contract and properly (or lack thereof, but that's another story) ready the bike. Loaded it up and my girl on her FZ6 and I were off. This bike is everything I have read about and more. Loads of power, so much so that I haven't even bothered to take the thing higher than maybe 5 grand. Rode it over 700 miles over the weekend, changing the oil during that as well. Oil changes are a breeze! 15 minutes and I was done. Back in the city where the roads are shorter and straighter, the bike is so enjoyable at any speed. You just look at a spot in the road ahead and you're there. And the best part is that I read that the average fuel consumption was around 30mpg, but I have found it to be between 35 and 50mpg! Granted, I weigh about 160lbs, but during many stretches of roads we were on, we were forced to ride at speeds under 70, and the gas mileage was so good I though the gas gage was off! Went 108 miles and put 2 gallons of gas in! Harder riding though and it sucked much more gas. Stay tuned, it's sunny out! Best bike I've ever ridden. Buy one! YEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!

#5 ·
laser, I'm in the same boat as you. I traded my '07 Max in on a B-King. I had been waiting for the new Max, but when I saw its price tag at $18k, I though it was ridiculous. B-Kings here were being discounted almost $2,000 under sticker, and it was just too tough to pass up.

I've got just over 1,000 miles on mine now, and have added Yoshi slipons, PCIII and I have a TRE on order. (Should be here in early September, sometime.)

Good luck with the bike, and if I can help out with locating anything you need (aftermarket stuff, etc.) lemme know. I've poured over this stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.