Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - *Looking for a beginner bike? Look no further...*
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
TwoColorShoe
500 G.P. Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity View Post
I'm curious as to why you have the cons for the Ninja 250 read:
"Not recommended for lots of highway travel"

That's pretty ignorant and misinformed. I ride my 250 pretty much only on the highway, and I'm 6 feet tall and weigh in at about 235. It gets me up to about 95 MPH for a cruising speed and can go faster if I tuck. I can easily travel between 80 and 85 MPH for extended periods of time. This is after all my mods...before the mods I could easily travel between 80 and 85 MPH for extended periods of time. Oh wait, that's the same for a modded 250 or a stock one.

Throw a 15 tooth front sprocket on and those speeds are even more easily attained on the highway.

Saying the bike is not good for highway riding is horrible advice...and should be left off of an otherwise pretty good list with pretty good information.
I think you do have a point. The bike's top speed is still well above the speed limit on a highway. I'm still a little wary about it, though, as I have heard that it really kinda dies around 80mph.

I'll take that part out until someone else says otherwise.

EDIT: Ok, I've added in more bikes. Be sure to help out and submit your own suggestions for new bikes and useful facts for the bikes that I have listed that could help a newcomer out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome_oneil

We know you're a unique and special snowflake. We know you're the exception to the rule. We know you're not like all those other dumb assed n00bs that wadded themselves up. You're a mold breaker, babe! You're a natural. You were born to tear it up on a hot rod stuntin' superbike.

You're not a moron, you're just misunderstood.

Last edited by TwoColorShoe; 05-25-2008 at 06:57 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome