Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - 3 best states to do some sport-toruing in?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 PM
RCKT GRL
Sportbike Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texBahn View Post
I think I got you guys beat...

1) The Texas Hill Country - lots of twisty back-country two-lane highway with minimal law enforcement (moreso farther west) and legal highway speeds with enough little towns in-between for coffee and gasoline.

2) West Texas - lots of twisty roads amidst incredible mountain scenery. Follow the Rio Grande on the River Road with its many sharp turns and elevation changes, explore the Davis Mountains or cruise US Highway 90 with its quaint towns and regular vistas.

3) South Texas - the rolling plains leading to the coast are lined with lightly traveled farm roads and easy-to-speed highway. Be careful, however. You may wind up at the coast wishing you had brought your swim suit.

...not only did I list three different states, they're practically different countries!
I would have to agree with you on your choices! I will be traveling next week or the week after to the area and will be hittin the hill country and areas further west..... It's been a couple years since I've been down. Lookin forward to it!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome