Sport Bikes banner

FI Codes

63K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  demetrius316 
#1 ·
GSXR Fuel Injection Code List -

To read your code you will need to go into Dealer Mode. Don't panic, it's easy. The dealership has a 'special tool' for this but you can easily make your own.
Take off the front seat. Behind the battery you will find a white open ended 6 pin connector (might be 10 pin for k6?).
If it has a cap take it off and as you are looking at it jump the right wires top and bottom with a paper clip.
Turn the key to the ON position and you will see on your dash a C code where the temp would be.
(or C00 if you have no codes. This is often the case when the SET valve is the problem as the computer resets it if you turn your bike off, otherwise it would be C46)

It should be a 'C' with a number, like one of these >>>

C14 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C15 - ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C21 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C22 - ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR
C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C28 - SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR
C29 - SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C30 - SECONDARY THROTTLE CONTROL UNIT
C31 - GEAR POSITION SENSOR
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4
C41 - FUEL PUMP CONTROL SYSTEM
C42 - IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL
C46 - EXHAUST CONTROL VALVE ACTUATOR

See less See more
#3 ·
They can slice, they can dice. They can even julian. :eek:nfloor

Seriously, I don't understand the question. Obviously if your bike is running poorly, you can check to see if there is a code showing. The code might shed some light on where the problem is.

#9 ·
The best post yet!

Brother! Thanks for this post, you just don't know how you've helped me out and I'm sure others.:bowdown:cheersI've got the ol' FI and red light on on my 04 Gsxr 600 and been really wanting to take her to the shop but not if I good fix it myself.This sheds some light on dark areas.Thanks alot my hats off to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.