View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
avogt18
Midwest Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bridgestone 021 4300mi review

I'll give this review now because my stock Dunlop sportmaxx rear tire lasted exactly 4300miles, when a COMPLETE flatspot in the center of the tire occured. I ride hard, and do plenty of clutch up wheelies, and a few burnouts, but also hit the twisties and long straights alot too. and the Bridgestone 021 rear tire is now at 4300miles, and still is about nickle thickness above the tread wear line in the center. So after how i ride, i'd say this tires doing pretty well. and could probibly easily hit above 10K on some of you touring guys...
My only complaint about the 021 is sence its a dual compound, its harder in the center than the sides, so the center doesnt have the grip i like. the sides do wonderfull in the sharp twisties though. I like doing clutch up wheelies, and if its below 75deg's out, or the tire is cold, the rear likes to spin, alot. I realize the tire is harder in the center and made for long life, but i may reconcider buying it again, cause of my rideing style. some guys like to ride the striaghts at crusing speed and others like to have fun and tear up the assfault. so i may go with a stickier tire next time, althogh i may be only getting a max of 4k out of it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<~Yeah, it hurt!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IL & MO Riders:

NAKED Candy Red 07 FZ6
TCP Seat Cowl~Gold LSL Street Bars~Magellan 4000 GPS~Ram Mount~CF Two Bro's Exhaust~Vortex -1 Front Sprocket~Powdercoated Rearsets~Painted Radiator Covers~ShoGun Frame Sliders

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome