Sport Bikes banner

Triumph Street Triple 675

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  21 natas 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is a repost, I was away for the weekend so I might have missed it. The much rumored 675 based Speed Triple is no longer a rumor. Looks interesting, but I'm not sorry I picked up my Speed Triple a few months ago. As expected based on the 675, this looks really slender, although I'm kinda partial to the stockiness of the Speed Triple. It'll be ingesting to see how well this bike fairs and how much it'll effect sales of the Daytona.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/streetTriple/Flash.aspx?lang=en-gb

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
pretty badass, although if the cans are as huge as that pic makes it look, it'll look a little awkward...

can only imagine teh sexiness if that were in a dark grey / charcoal / gunmetal with a black or bright silver frame... ohhhhhhhh baby

#6 ·
Now that's first rate hooligany. I'd buy it if I had the money, but that depends on how much it weighs. If it shaves even more weight off the already emaciated Daytona 675, that's a big plus.

#7 ·
ChrisP said:
looks like a bug. Would look better tighten up IMO.
=================================

HAHHAHAAHAH I was thinking the same thing ahahahahahahahah

Ugly, my son has Triumph Daytona 600, biggest piece of shit in the world......heavy, electrical problems, junk....

I told him to sell it and GSXR 750...purrs like a kitten and its flatout badasss.....

#11 ·
isaac said:
Now that's first rate hooligany. I'd buy it if I had the money, but that depends on how much it weighs. If it shaves even more weight off the already emaciated Daytona 675, that's a big plus.
i'd bet that it'll weigh a little less than a daytona if you get rid of that giant dual exhaust.

ARRA757-89-91 said:
Ugly, my son has Triumph Daytona 600, biggest piece of shit in the world......heavy, electrical problems, junk....

I told him to sell it and GSXR 750...purrs like a kitten and its flatout badasss.....
daytona 600 != 675. everything is totally different on the 675. motor, suspension, chassis. as the 2nd lightest middleweight on the market (after the new 600rr) it's lightweight, and entirely flickable. add to that a 750-esque powerband w/o the extra weight, and it's the best middleweight in the world.

#12 ·
ya know, after seeing some hot speed tripples & after riding the 675, i was really hoping this would become a reality... but they did a poor job of it IMO... they shoulda just taken a regular 675 & made it a naked w/ the exception of more upright bars... but no little upper fly screen thing, no changes to the exhaust. The banana seat is a nice touch though but I hate that exhaust.

#13 ·
OreoGaborio said:
ya know, after seeing some hot speed tripples & after riding the 675, i was really hoping this would become a reality... but they did a poor job of it IMO... they shoulda just taken a regular 675 & made it a naked w/ the exception of more upright bars... but no little upper fly screen thing, no changes to the exhaust. The banana seat is a nice touch though but I hate that exhaust.
the sound of the 675 is such that you'll be getting an aftermarket pipe anyway. the louder the better :p

i think a nice dual projector setup in front would look nice and make the bike look as mean as it ought to. and the green color makes the eyebrow screen more obnoxious than it would look in something understated, like CF.

remove some of the DOT mandated clutter and add stuff like bar-end mirrors and i think it'll look hot.

#14 ·
I think it looks ok, the flyscreen will probably be optional as it is on the Speed Triple. The exhaust does look a little large in comparison to the anemic frame. Handling will undoubtedly be better than the Speed Triple, but with the Daytona priced @ $9000, and the S3 only a grand more (and being an older model, dealers are more likely to deal), pricing on this thing will be interesting. Personally, I would (and did) happily pay the extra few hundred for the 1050.

Cool bike though, even if it's just a differently styled Daytona.

#16 ·
The bike looks interesting, but for me they missed the mark a bit.

I was thinking that the 675 with handlebars and a mini fairing (a la Yamaha FZ6) would make a really sweet middleweight/budget sport-tourer. Instead, they went the hooligan route and styled it like the speed triple.

I'm sure it'll be popular, but I won't be selling my FZ6 for it anytime soon. It's a shame, because that 675 engine is perfect for a street-biased middleweight.

#18 ·
MCN announced today that Triumph expect to market it (UK at least) for under £5500, eact figure more likely to be £5349

The new Honda Hornet is £5499 ... so Triumph have stolen a fair few customers fro Honda I hope with a better and cheaper bike.

#19 ·
It's priced at $7999 in the US. In the event that they converted it from the daytona in the same manner as they did to produce the speed four (removed fairing, higher bars, and nothing else) this bike would pretty much dominate over any other middleweight naked out there. (And for this price it better!) But triumph decided to put a budget suspension on the street triple also, which has me (and many others) wondering how much of a deal it would be, compared to the daytona 675 ($8999) or the speed triple ($9999).

I found this discussion to be a little more illuminating on the topic of a bike that has neither been seen (in person) nor ridden by the general public:

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=86388&forum=27

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.