Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - Southeast Fazers-Ga Mtn Ride/Mini-Rally
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
spike fz
FSRA Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was hoping to avoid the Gap, Cherahola(sp?), and all those popular places because of law enforcement. My point is that there are wonderful roads to be ridden that are not jammed with leather clad hyperbike riders and pissed off LEOs. We can have something lower key and have a better riding experience. People get killed on a regular basis at the Gap. Tractor-trailer rigs take that route and drive real slow and take two lanes to make some of the turns. One of those famous roads has been in the news as of late with stories of 100+ mph stunters and law enforcement increasing fines to $500+ and asking judges for jailtime. There's at least a couple days riding up there without having to deal with any of that stuff, and riding is what it's all about, right?

How does April 1,2,3 sound? If the date aproaches and it looks like bad weather, we'll set an alternate. We can all meet at the campground Friday night, get aquainted, even form groups if some want to go faster or slower than others or pick different destinations. Ride all day Saturday, and Sunday until we have to leave for home. I'm itchin to go already!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome