Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - A guide for learning wheelies.
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Justin726
Andy Bell is my hero.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7875
Is it really that vital to clutch wheelies instead of using power? I have an 04 Gixxer 600 and I can bring it with just the enine pretty good. I'm just trying to learn to ride them out now.
The main advantage of clutching up a wheelie is that you can bring the front up at a slower speed, and when the tire is up in the air, you sill have plenty of useable RPMs left to work with and find the balance point to ride the wheelie out. When you power up a wheelie, you have to be much higher in the rev range to begin with, then you also use up RPMs to power the bike up with, which doesn't leave you a whole lot or RPMs left once the wheel is up. Plus, most people feel that clutching up a wheelie is a lot more predictable, controlable, and consistant than powering up a wheelie.

SUPER MODERATOR

Maturity is vastly overrated.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't let it get in the way of a good time.

Best piece of advice,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome