Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - Speeding Ticket
Thread: Speeding Ticket
View Single Post
post #75 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
205mph

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TO answer some questions this happened about 5-6 miles south of Wabasha on 61 heading towards Winona. I haven't talked to the flood run organizers, however the officers did say they were there because they knew the event was taking place and they have had a history of "excessive speeders" on the last stretch down to Winona. And while we were on the side of the road, I would estimate 200-300 bikers passed us, but no one pulled over. And in response to Merlin509, there are some decent steches on that road, but even if my bike did do 205, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable. And the stretch down to Treasure Island you are talking about, one of my old roomates was killed on that road earlier this year.

And on the subject of this stopwatch calculation, you have to sit back and think, and believe me I have done a lot of this, about human reaction time, the fact that he was running two stop watches and flying his plane at the same time, his degree of angle on my when I crossed the hash-marks on the road, plus depth-perseption. I really do appreciate everyones feedback on this, and I will keep everyone informed.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome