General Motorcycle Discussion 2015 - Sportbikes.net
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
General Motorcycle Discussion 2015

The thread is for general motorcycle discussion for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 12:33 AM
500 G.P. Champion
 
Root2812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Age: 32
Posts: 1,270
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
I want to kick this thread off with a discussion of a certain riding style.

I see many guys on SBN and other sites talk and brag about riding between the lanes of cars when traffic is slow or stopped. I have even seen a few videos of guys doing around 80mph while doing it. To me it seems quite stupid. With all the people in cars changing lanes because they think the other lane might move faster and having no where to go I just don't see how its worth the risk. I might jump on the sholder or use the bicycle lane for a block or 2 in town but that leaves an escape route to the right if something goes wrong. And I keep it slow.

Is this even legal or do the cops just look the other way? Also I feel we have a responsible group in the ZZR forum (just my opinion on what I've read) so how many of you guys do this?
Root2812 is offline  
post #3 of 192 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
I want to kick this thread off with a discussion of a certain riding style.

I see many guys on SBN and other sites talk and brag about riding between the lanes of cars when traffic is slow or stopped. I have even seen a few videos of guys doing around 80mph while doing it. To me it seems quite stupid. With all the people in cars changing lanes because they think the other lane might move faster and having no where to go I just don't see how its worth the risk. I might jump on the sholder or use the bicycle lane for a block or 2 in town but that leaves an escape route to the right if something goes wrong. And I keep it slow.

Is this even legal or do the cops just look the other way? Also I feel we have a responsible group in the ZZR forum (just my opinion on what I've read) so how many of you guys do this?
Every state is different on there lane spliting laws. IMO your asking for it.
State-by-state motorcycle laws

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
post #4 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:50 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Weather was nice this weekend, but I didn't ride any. I mostly worked on getting the garage cleaned up, and rearranging the bikes in it. Seems like I have more room now. Funny how things go like that. I mounted the Cycle Hill tire changer on a plywood plank so I did not have to drill my garage slab, and I built a wheel balancer assembly with some basic hardware and rollerblade bearings. I got stick on wheel weights on order to get a new front mounted on the REX. I have to fly to St Louis for work tomorrow...

I did watch the 2009 review of the MotoGP season. Awesome year for racing. I loved the contest between Rossi and Lorenzo, and had Stoner not had health issues I think it would have been a 3 way battle. The Catalunya race is one I will remember forever. Simply incredible racing. If you have Netflix the disc is available now. I have a DVR now, so I can record this year's races.

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
post #5 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZRrocket View Post
Every state is different on there lane spliting laws. IMO your asking for it.
State-by-state motorcycle laws
It is legal in CA for certain. Traffic respects that, and tend to move to the outside of the lanes to let bikes through. I still would not do 80 between traffic. That is asking for it. What if someone were to open a car door?

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
post #6 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Ray I spent the evening yesterday and this evening out in my man cave working on the bike. Pulled the farings drained and changed the coolant, changed oil and filter, went with a KN-303 this time instead of a KN-204, little longer filter. Had to add a little more oil than normal. Installed the carbon fiber clutch cover and the carbon fiber stator cover, sweeeeeet! Put the bike on my new T-rex stand and pulled the wheels so I can get my new rubber mounted this week. Pulled all the old brake pads front and rear and drained the old brake fluid out. Cleaned all the brake calipers with brake parts cleaner. Re-installed the new rear Galfer pads. Probably going to pull the gas tank tomorrow night and clean the K&N air filter and tackle those spark plugs while I'm at it too. Hey did you check the gap when you did yours? My new NGK Iridiums finally came last Friday, so I figured I would knock it out.

Got sun burned on my face today at the slopes, It was 60 and sunny here today and it rained cats and dogs while I was out in the garage working on the bike. But it helped get rid of the rest of the snow and cleaned off the roads too. I'm working tomorrow and next Sunday the 14th and I'm done for the season. We are going to get started on the cabinet work for the trailer. Milinda's dad is pretty good with wood working so he offered to help me out. So now it's crunch time to get everything finished in the trailer before May. Busy busy busy!

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
post #7 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 11:35 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZRrocket View Post
Ray I spent the evening yesterday and this evening out in my man cave working on the bike. Pulled the farings drained and changed the coolant, changed oil and filter, went with a KN-303 this time instead of a KN-204, little longer filter. Had to add a little more oil than normal. Installed the carbon fiber clutch cover and the carbon fiber stator cover, sweeeeeet! Put the bike on my new T-rex stand and pulled the wheels so I can get my new rubber mounted this week. Pulled all the old brake pads front and rear and drained the old brake fluid out. Cleaned all the brake calipers with brake parts cleaner. Re-installed the new rear Galfer pads. Probably going to pull the gas tank tomorrow night and clean the K&N air filter and tackle those spark plugs while I'm at it too. Hey did you check the gap when you did yours? My new NGK Iridiums finally came last Friday, so I figured I would knock it out.

Got sun burned on my face today at the slopes, It was 60 and sunny here today and it rained cats and dogs while I was out in the garage working on the bike. But it helped get rid of the rest of the snow and cleaned off the roads too. I'm working tomorrow and next Sunday the 14th and I'm done for the season. We are going to get started on the cabinet work for the trailer. Milinda's dad is pretty good with wood working so he offered to help me out. So now it's crunch time to get everything finished in the trailer before May. Busy busy busy!
Your weekend sounds like mine. I did not gap those plugs before installing them. I eyeballed them and they looked to be gapped about the same. You can gap them, but you can't touch that electrode - it is brittle and can snap off.

I need to clean the brake calipers on the ZZR and inspect the pads, do the same on the ZRX. Both need an oil and filter change and all three need washed and chains lubed. I noticed this afternoon the left front fork seal on the KLR is leaking...

I have the changer, just need wheel weights to get that new front on the ZRX. After the Dragon trip I will likely need a new rear for both bikes.

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
post #8 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Ray got the new rubber mounted this morning. I was able to get the wheels re-installed along with the brake calipers. I also re-installed new Galfer pads and bled the front and rear brakes of all the old fluid and put in fresh Galfer fluid.

Things left to do:

Install NGK Iridium spark plugs
Clean K&N air filter
Clean and lube chain
Give her a good wash from sitting all winter long.

I was suppose to work at the slopes tomorrow but we have had a ton of rain the last couple of days. Got a call from them yesterday that they are closed for the season. All this rain has really cleaned all the sand and salt away from the roads. So hopefully I will be able to scuff in the new rubber very soon.

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
post #9 of 192 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Jerez finish!!!

Phenomenal race at Jerez! Gratz to Lorenzo; incredible racing! Nicky is improving, Spies was ahead of Edwards until he had issues. I cannot wait for Indy!!!

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
post #10 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Mugello...

Man, feel bad for Rossi - it was a nasty highside. Pedrosa actually hung onto the lead. Normally his lap times are fast for the first 10, then he slows down - not this time. Good struggle for 4th place, and kudos to Dovisioso for another podium. I was beginning to wonder if Lorenzo was going to keep him in the back or not.

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
post #11 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Suches, GA

Jay, we have to ride more around Suches next year. I rode some awesome roads this last weekend and never even made it to the Dragon on the Rex. We rode 60, WPG Road, Blood Mountain - took a scenic trip to Helen, GA for lunch (kewl town, looks like it is in Germany...)

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
post #12 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzzr View Post
Jay, we have to ride more around Suches next year. I rode some awesome roads this last weekend and never even made it to the Dragon on the Rex. We rode 60, WPG Road, Blood Mountain - took a scenic trip to Helen, GA for lunch (kewl town, looks like it is in Germany...)
Sounds good to me Ray. Sounds like you had a good time. Out of all our rides in May I enjoyed the Georgia ride the most. Can't wait to get back down there and explore more of the roads.

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
post #13 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzzr View Post
Man, feel bad for Rossi - it was a nasty highside. Pedrosa actually hung onto the lead. Normally his lap times are fast for the first 10, then he slows down - not this time. Good struggle for 4th place, and kudos to Dovisioso for another podium. I was beginning to wonder if Lorenzo was going to keep him in the back or not.
Hope Vale is going to be okay. Can't wait for our Indy trip for Moto GP.

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
post #14 of 192 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
MODERATOR
 
ZZRrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Originally from Atlanta GA. Live in Milan, Indiana
Age: 51
Posts: 5,545
Thanks: 88
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Well it looks like the March 14th rock slide on RT 129 has been cleaned up 3 weeks early and the road is completely open.

SBN KAWASAKI FORUM MODERATOR

USAF DESERT STORM VETERAN 1984-1997 SUPPORT OUR TROOPS Indy MotoGP 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DEALS GAP 05, 06 x2, 07, 08, 09, 10 x2, 11 x2, 12 x2, 13 x2, 14, 15



2004 ZZR1200
2006 ZZR600
2008 Ninja 250
2014 Ninja 1000 ABS
ZZRrocket is offline  
post #15 of 192 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 PM
World 500 GP Racer
 
rayzzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-HI-O
Age: 43
Posts: 3,639
Thanks: 80
Thanked 140 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Looks like Rossi is anxious to be back. Wonder if the Dr will clear him for tomorrow's race?

Got some performance mods and some bling on the ZRX. Will be taking it to Indy for the track lap. Thing pulls like a runaway freight train now.

+4 advancer and an Ivan's Jet Kit

Where me and the bike have been

ZZR 600: Dynojet stage 1, FP +4 advancer, Yoshimura RS3 slip on, K&N filter, Euro ECU, 42T Driven rear

ZRX 1200: K&N filter, Ivan's Jet Kit, +4 Kwick advancer, 45T SuperSprox rear, SS/CF Fully Muzzy Exhaust, Muzzy block off plates
rayzzr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 International Motorcycle Show Video wileskws Sportbike Videos and Reviews 6 02-26-2015 05:38 PM
2015 hayabusa vs 2015 zx14 umairhashmi General Sportbikes 19 02-14-2015 03:28 AM
General Motorcycle Discussion for 2009 ZZRrocket ZZR-600 244 07-13-2009 12:05 AM
General Tires Discussion arnoha FZ6/FZ6R 115 04-02-2007 11:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome