Sport Bikes banner

1/4 mile times?

6K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  rhinoak 
#1 ·
Hey

So last night i went to my 2nd midnight mayhem we have out in vegas... Midnight mayhem is basically legal street racing the hold at LVMS Drag strip. Its for public racers to test there cars and what not usually only once a month.

Anyway last night i went out i had a total of 3 runs heres what i post and who i was up against.

1st run: R/T - 2.88 E.T. 11.824 against a Honda 929 i won he posted a 12.213

2nd run: R/T- 0.77 E.T. 11.764 against R6 i lost he ran a 11.2xxx

3rd run: R/T- .320 E.T. 11.535 against Duc 1098s i won he ran a 11.682

The R6 had about 2 grand worth of extra parts plus he extended his swing arm and hes a great driver lol he killed me lol

The Duc is one of my friends and all he could do was wheelie i had at one a 100ft lead on him but then he came back it was very close lol but i won the bragging rights...

So my question is does any one know what there running everyone i know is very impressed with how my bikes running because its not "SuperSport" lol

p.s. my bike is bone stock besides shorting my exhaust but even then i thought i would lose alil power

See less See more
#2 ·
nice times man, ive never took my bike to the 1/4 mile but when it was swb i ran a 7.04@105mph with a 1.73 60ft. remember practice is the key to going fast the more u go the better u will be and the faster u will go

#10 ·
did you try lowering the psi in your rear for better traction or anything or just strait up run ya brung? i have a dragstrip like 10 miles from my house and i never went but i want to real bad. I am completely new to the drag racing scene cuz i just got my bike in august.

#11 ·
i think i was running alil low on my tire pressure and i didnt check it...but my first time i lowered it alil bit but i wouldnt suggest it unless your gonna do a burn out to warm up the tires...ive never done a burn out on my bike so i just pulled up and went...

You should really go tho its addicting lol

#16 ·
I doubt lowering your tires psi a couple lbs will compromise safety while traveling in a strait line. Of course i could be wrong. I just look at your statement as a general rule of thumb for riding, which includes leaning and turns. If you lower your psi to have more contact area off the start the centrifugal force will cause the tire to stand up more as the speeds increase. I just dont see a few lbs as a safety hazard IMO.

#17 · (Edited)
quarter mile times?

Before you flame me, I know this bike isn't a quarter mile bike (and I don't really like straight line racing anyways). Hallett is where the fun is :)

But Is there a quarter mile thread on here with times posted?

Right now, I'm running an 11.4 with a 636 header and slip on and -1 tooth sprocket up front. No other modifications. I am 220 lbs and I'm 5'10" (yes, i know I'm fat) but Is that reasonable?

I'm hoping with a +4 timing advancer, jet kit, UNI air filter (MUCH cheaper than K/N) -1+2 sprocket kit, and a 636 Leo Vince full exhaust I could get it to 11 flat. Or will I not gain that much?

#19 ·
#22 ·
Makes a big difference, fast and cheap, easy to remove or loosen to get the handling back for cornering. Sportbike's suck at drag racing, drag bikes suck at road racing.

I miss the weekly battles between Kent Stotz on his Blackbird against Barry Henson on his Busa, them guys invented and perfected street legal drag racing. D.O.T. tires, no wheely bars, 500 lb bikes making 550 horsepower doing 7.20's @ 200 mph...... The Two Wheel Kings........

:horse

YouTube - Gainesville Pro Street 2007

#24 ·
My best time, completely stock, is 11:45. I'm 165 pounds.

Lowered and strapped, stock otherwise, 10:94. Makes a huge difference. I think I could have gone quicker but it was busy at the strip that day so I only got a couple of runs.

The strap and lowering links were about 100 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.