Sport Bikes banner

I have a 2005 gs500f that wont start or stay running

14K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kjc4137 
#1 ·
It sat over the winter. We took the battery out we put fuel stabilizer and such and did all the neeeded winterizing stuff.

well now that it is riding season i want to ride.. DUH... and it either wont start or once its starting it wont stay running without the choke on. I had the carbs cleaned and its put back to gether and now the problem continues kind of.

it was running about 4 days ago. It ran for a good hour before we put it back in the garage. I went to start it the next morning and guess what. nothing. it wouldnt turn over. the battery is practically new i bought it less than a year ago.

my boyfriend and i have started geting into fights over the bike and he's to the point that i should just have it fixed and sell it for something newer....

any ideas on what is wrong with it or what i should do to it??

#10 ·
Nice! A happy ending. When you put fuel stabilizer in the tank at the beginning of winter, did you run the bike to get the treated gas into the carbs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.