Sport Bikes banner

Frame Sliders for 2006 GS500F

10K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kjc4137 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and also a new rider. In the process of learning to ride, I've dropped my bike twice now. I can't seem to find any sliders that fit on a 2006 GS500F. So if anyone has any suggestions on how I could rig some on that would be great. Thanks!

#2 ·
I know that for the earlier fairing-ed models, like mine. You have to cut the fairing to install any type of slider, a popular option too is the engine brackets, brackets that mount around the lower engine.

Not so much for protecting the fairing as much as for track use to protect the block.

Ron

#3 ·
There's sliders that are specific for that model.
You're gonna have to cut the fairing though, I think. Which is actually the best way to go.

#5 ·
rohde88 said:
why is that the best way? I mean, if you're cutting your fairing, that's almost as bad as road rash.

Ron
Cut a hole in the fairing, make it look good, and you're assured to have a solid mounting point for the slider.
A bracket type mount offsets the slider, and causes you to rely on the strength of the bracket to take the impact.

Remember, FRAME sliders are meant to protect the frame. Having a bracket bend can not only still fuck up the fairing, but could also damage the frame.

#6 ·
infiniti750 said:
Cut a hole in the fairing, make it look good, and you're assured to have a solid mounting point for the slider.
A bracket type mount offsets the slider, and causes you to rely on the strength of the bracket to take the impact.

Remember, FRAME sliders are meant to protect the frame. Having a bracket bend can not only still fuck up the fairing, but could also damage the frame.
good point, i didn't think about an impact that hard. I usually think of a low side and just sliding on pavement, trying to save the fairing vs protecting from frame damage.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.