new Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires for 2012 CBR600 - Sportbikes.net
Suspension and Tire Tech For all discussions related to your suspension and tire set-ups.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

new Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires for 2012 CBR600

re: new Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires

[ just street driving]
Got new tires for this bike @ 4k mi, and like them a lot better than the stock tires.

Maybe it's psychological, but the stock tires seemed to slip more on turns in the rain than these tires which do not even feel like they slip at all in the rain.

Of course, I'm not riding that fast anyway, but even at the speeds I ride; the stock tires felt like they slipped a little when going around turns in the rain.

Been riding these in light/medium rain, and these tires seem solid...only about 900mi on them so far.

Watched a good review on RevZilla which kind of convinced me to get them. One of the Honda mechanics at the Honda dealership, where I took them to get them installed, also said he uses the same tire year round and doesn't notice a difference in the rain because of this tire.

I don't really ride fast so not sure how they work at higher speeds, but for everyday riding, they seem a lot better than the stock tires for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Rode in medium rain today, and no slipping. Of course, I babied it around corners although up the laguna canyon( misleading name, this is more like a four lane highway with pretty much no turns seperated by a large 50 yard wide median) felt safe riding in the rain.

In the rain, kept expecting the tires to slip a little on turns even at slow speeds, never felt it.

Still haven't been able to ride the bike in heavy rain--not sure I'd want to( may never happen in Southern Calif). If I do, I'll post again.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Superbike Racer

The Pilot Road 3's were designed with wet weather performance in mind, so I'm not surprised you're noticing a big difference! The small "sipes" in the tread flex and bite onto the road in wet conditions.
The Following User Says Thank You to maverick0716 For This Useful Post:
CBROldMan (01-17-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.