2 dang motorcycles stolen from my GARAGE! - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
Stolen Motorcycles Had a bike stolen? Post as much info as you have here. Please don't not reply to any threads in here unless you have pertinent info to the bike. We all know it sucks to have a bike stolen.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockit-n-rockit View Post
ya about them finding the bike....... so some cops raided a meth house and found some stolen motorcycles in there, a cbr and a ninja i think.... sounds good right? WRONG!!! So they check the plate, find that it is my cousins and call him to let him know they found his bike! So he calls back because he missed the call and later finds out the cbr had my cousins license plate on it... not his bike at all!!!!!!! Moron cops didnt check the vin number, just went off the license plate!!!!!
Ok so let me get this right. Some guys had the time to get into your garage, take two bikes that didn't belong to you but left yours alone, took them to a meth house only to be raided by the cops who found your cousins plate on a CBR. Sounds a little strange to me. Once cops find any vehicle in a raid they run the tag and the vin for evedance in seizures. This is how "us cops" find out if the vehicle is stolen. Not to mention that even if they did run just the tag it would come back to a yamaha and not a honda so they would then run the vin to see if they match. If they don't then they use the contact info off the vin not the plate. But with your "Moron cops" comment it sounds like you don't like LEO's. If I was the investigating officer I would be talking to you and trying to find out why your bike was left untouched!

Last edited by 2009CBR1000RRRepsol; 08-17-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 AM
SBN Rookie

should be a five year sentence for stealing bikes
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 PM
SBN Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CBR1000RRRepsol View Post
Ok so let me get this right. Some guys had the time to get into your garage, take two bikes that didn't belong to you but left yours alone, took them to a meth house only to be raided by the cops who found your cousins plate on a CBR. Sounds a little strange to me. Once cops find any vehicle in a raid they run the tag and the vin for evedance in seizures. This is how "use cops" find out if the vehicle is stolen. Not to mention that even if they did run just the tag it would come back to a yamaha and not a honda so they would then run the vin to see if they match. If they don't then they use the contact info off the vin not the plate. But with your "Moron cops" comment it sounds like you don't like LEO's. If I was the investigating officer I would be talking to you and trying to find out why your bike was left untouched!
Perhaps because it would be hard to fit 3 bikes in a van or truck? I'm pretty sure that if you're going to be hauling 3 bikes, you're going to need a trailer because 3 bikes are not going to fit in the bed of a truck or in a van.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Ya we're pretty sure we know how they did it. Our garage door is one of those old type ones that have "sections" i guess you could say. they pry open between the cracks a little bit just enough to reach in like a wire of some sort to pull the emergency release cord which then makes the garage door able to open manually
Put a lock thru the door track, just use the side door..
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Superbike Racer

Quote:
the morning it happened we were about to go for a ride.. opened the garage and 2 bikes were gone. Of course they were both pretty bummed about it but my cousin has full coverage. My friend had just gotten the bike insured and had only got liability, and is now paying on a loan for a bike that he doesnt have anymore
That really sucks. In NJ, you need to have full coverage if it's the bank's bike
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CBR1000RRRepsol View Post
Ok so let me get this right. Some guys had the time to get into your garage, take two bikes that didn't belong to you but left yours alone, took them to a meth house only to be raided by the cops who found your cousins plate on a CBR. Sounds a little strange to me. Once cops find any vehicle in a raid they run the tag and the vin for evedance in seizures. This is how "us cops" find out if the vehicle is stolen. Not to mention that even if they did run just the tag it would come back to a yamaha and not a honda so they would then run the vin to see if they match. If they don't then they use the contact info off the vin not the plate. But with your "Moron cops" comment it sounds like you don't like LEO's. If I was the investigating officer I would be talking to you and trying to find out why your bike was left untouched!
so are you blaming me? why would i post something if i stole them. I dont know the police procedures or what they do when they recover a vehicle. I wrote what the cops had said to my cousin so i dont get what you're trying to say. Im guessing they liked r6's being that they were both r6s while mine is an 01 f4i.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostyanj View Post
That really sucks. In NJ, you need to have full coverage if it's the bank's bike
yeah same here. you would think he would have anyways. i have bad luck so i would have gotten it.

Let's call a car a car, not a cage.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM
500 G.P. Champion

The fact that they have the plate may lead to a recovery, so all is not lost..
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:26 AM
World 500 GP Champion

Are you in Albuquerque? I've been there and I just don't see how or why anyone would want to live there.

Know your limits, but never stop pushing
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
SBN Rookie

Depending upon your coverage,your homeowners insurance might pay for the bikes.May not,but worth a phone call---olpa
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:40 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Homeowners will NOT cover it unless you have special coverage for contents of garage
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Habitual line-stepper

Thanked 1,265 Times in 643 Posts

This theft happened a year ago, guys.

Moderator of Rider's Gear and Help me Fix it.

PM me if you have questions, concerns, or beer you need to give away.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 AM
SBN's bad luck charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti954 View Post
Are you in Albuquerque? I've been there and I just don't see how or why anyone would want to live there.
I used to live in ABQ...stayed there for a year...that's 365 days I can never get back. What. A. Shit. Hole.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us now. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down, now, and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may Posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" - Samuel Adams, Founder, brewer, and patriot.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 06:55 AM
SBN Rookie

My insurance covers anything on the property,no matter if it's in the garage,or in my truck bed,or the back of my wife's explorer.Different states and localities are covered differently.I live in a sparsely populated area,with very little crime,and everybody has"shootin' Irons"to protect themselves.---olpa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.