Super long trip planned...advice welcomed - Sportbikes.net
Sport-Touring Information on Sport Touring throughout the world. Tank bags, Gear, saddle bags, Camp sites. Share your information here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
500 G.P. Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Super long trip planned...advice welcomed

Hey everyone. I am going to be taking my 04 CBR1000RR on a 2200 mile trip in July. I live in NorCal and will be heading down to Bryce Canyon, UT by way of Death Valley, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon. ON the way back, I will weave my way thru Southern/Central California to make it to Laguna Seca for the WSBK event, July 8.

Aside from the usual fluids, brake checks, etc on the bike, do you all have any advice? Any essential items? Points of interest to hit on the way?

I am also going to doing this trip by myself, so I need to make sure that I have everything covered.

"Knowing nothing is better than knowing it all"
-The Used-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 08:08 PM
Slow guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tires wear out fast on a trip like this, especially if you have more sport oriented rubber. Make sure they will make the trip and estimate on the low side. Putting on new rubber while on the road is expensive and time-consuming. You'll need a tire repair kit and a pump or CO2 inflation kit.

July is a very hot time to travel in those areas. The biggest problem will be dehydration for you. Drink a lot, and do it BEFORE you get thirsty. Do more of your riding early and then late in the day.

Don't forget about area 51 if you're into UFO stuff and have the time. You won't see much, but you can stop at the Alien Inn for a quick lunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.