Sport Bikes banner

Well, that was interesting...

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  busarider54 
#1 ·
Got a loaner demo bike from my BMW dealer today after my K13S got laid up awaiting parts.

:eek:mg

They sent me out on this thing after dark. I barely got the radio turned down, never mind figured out the rest of the cockpit controls!

So very, very much not my bike. Nice engine, though!

KeS

See less See more
#9 ·
Test rode one of these the other week.

The radio off switch is by your left knee. The guy who test rode it before me spent almost the entire test ride trying to figure that out. Other things I noticed:

-Coming from a mutlistrada (tall and light-ish), the GTL felt super low and incredibly heavy. It was almost like driving a car.

-I used to think that my mutli had too many electronic goodies but oh boy was I wrong. This thing has every widget under the sun.

-Despite it's heaviness it was well balanced and handled well for a motorcycle roughly the size of an oil tanker. My guess is you'd run out of cornering clearance pretty quickly though.

-The engine is SMOOOOTH and has enough grunt to be entertaining even though it has so much weight it has to propel.

-The clutch was strange. It would pulse and move while you were slipping it. Going from fully engaged to disengaged only required about %20 of the lever movement.

Overall it wasn't really my cup of tea, but none the less impressive. If I wanted to ride in the IBR it would be on my shortlist choice of mounts.

#10 ·
sometimes i wonder about some of those dealerships. good example.... my brother (who used to ride BMW) and i went over to his local BMW dealer. he was on his LT and i was on my VFR. i walk in... i get the Hi treatment and that's it. he walks in and they are all over him. Sir, how are you doing? would you like some coffee, water, etc. would you like to test ride a new bike....etc... I'm like WTF???? it's obvious we rode in at the same time and were chatting. whatever.... guess they don't want my money.

#11 ·
That looks like one complicated cockpit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.