Sport Bikes banner

New Canon 6D

726 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  arcticamt6 
#1 ·
Wow. So, I haven't been paying attention to camera stuff much lately due to focusing mainly on hobbies in the garage, but apparently in addition to the 1DX, 5DmkIII, T4i, and the 60Da, Canon came out with the 6D.

Basically, it's a full frame Rebel. That is crazy.

20.2MP
Only an 11pt AF system
4.5fps
Wifi transmitter so you can upload from the camera (or even from your phone with an app)
GPS built in
ISO 50-102400

I was not expecting a full frame Rebel style camera. Granted, it's significantly pricier than the T4i ($850 more MSRP), but the low light/high iso performance is supposed to be just as good as the 5D3. It's a good option if you don't need the AF or 1/8000s shutter speed. It'll even focus in -3EV.

#2 ·
This was news to me as well. Very cool indeed! I'll go look for some sample images after work. I'm curious to see where it stacks up in comparison to the 7D/5Dmk2/3 in terms of image quality. Is this basically targeted @ beginners with deeper pockets (I'm saying that cos the Rebel is to photography what the ninja 250 is to motorcycling. So is this more of a ninja 300 or an FZ6R :eek:nfloor )?

#3 ·
Seems that way, though the High ISO images are supposed to be on par or actually better than the 5D3. Biggest thing you're giving up is in the size of the body, Autofocus, and some other features like a 1/8000s shutter.

That being said, my option right now for full frame other than non-existant is a used 5D classic. Don't have the money for any of these new bodies out. I need better lenses anyway. I still want to buy a 70-200 and a 17-50.

#4 ·
Also found out today that Nikon has the D600, which is their new entry level full frame camera. Once again it looks pretty similar, so pick your favorite flavor. Bit higher MP count, but I didn't see anything about the wifi/gps if that matters to anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.