Sport Bikes banner

2013 Cobra

2K views 79 replies 28 participants last post by  ZorroX 
#1 · (Edited)
The numbers finally came out today or this week sometime.

650hp...

no price yet, I am guessing 60-70K

See less See more
1 1
#45 ·
speaking of BMW's i test drove a 2007 335is today. a friend of mine is looking to buy an M3 and offered me his 335i at whatever the dealer offers for trade in. fuck what a car, Breyton wheels, full dinan spec koni suspension, Wavetrac limited slip dif, larger intercooler, and 2nd oil cooler, and a piggy back ecu (400-ish hp).

#49 ·
there is this CRAZY idea out there that a live rear axle is better for drag racing than IRS.

so crazy that some IRS cobras were given swaps to LRA to drag better at the track.

also Carrol Shelby had this CRAZY idea that leaf spring was just as good as anything else and I think the zr1 Corvette proves that.

#57 ·
#56 ·
So unless you are tracking your car, does it really matter? At the end of the day you still have to sit in it everyday and experience the joys of a ford dealership. There were MANY, MANY people who wanted the GT-R to be badged an Infinity. There is more to car ownership then .4 of a second around a track.

People that jump up and down about a ford being just as fast around a track as a BMW, Mercedes, or Audi have usually never driven, let alone owned one of them.

#58 · (Edited)
yes and thank god too. those cars are expensive to maintain and not just anyone will work on them. Good for me everyone and their dad can work on Fords and parts are cheap. I simply refuse to believe BMW and Merc last longer than Ford and GM ive seen to many Fords and GMs with a billion miles and still running hard. Of course there is driver error/neglect factor and with more Fords and GMs on the road your bound to see a higher % of that. If you can afford to own a BMW or Merc your likely to take great care of it.

I personally would love a new SLK 350... but...I'd have to take a new Cobra over one if I could. Just preference by that point.

#59 ·
It's a shame that Mercury was shut down and every Lincoln is just a rebadged ford. They need an upper level brand. It would be hard though as the Mustang is so entrenched. GM at least has Cadillac which has a WAY better line up then Lincoln. ford would do well to have a world contender like the Caddy CTS-V. You need to drive some other cars Kirby with an open mind. The Mustang is an amazing vehicle for what it is, but in the end it is still a Mustang. When they hop one up and sell it for $70-80k it's limitations become blazingly appearent. Sure there were plenty of cars faster then my 928 S, but it was such an intuitive and well made car. You couldn't even see the gaps in the panels and it was a 1984. Compare that to ANY US car circa 1984.

#69 ·
the gtr is an all around great car but something about its design isnt very inspiring. Its not really a heard turner to me. Looks like a altima on steroids.

I like the older sky lines better.
R33 Ftw.

#72 ·
Ooooooh, I like the new lower nose.

The R34 was to Need For Speed Underground for me with all the air dams and spoilers. The R33 was just beautiful.

#73 · (Edited)
look what daddy bought today!

2007 335i coupe 6mt; Breyton wheels, full dinan spec koni suspension, Wavetrac limited slip dif, larger intercooler, 2nd oil cooler, and a piggy back (vishnu - 390 hp).

i'll snap a few pictures this weekend if it is nice out. too gloomy today... and i was busy driving it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.