Sport Bikes banner

Nexx X30 Viper Helmet

13K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Nightfall 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Shape seems to be neutral, but probably biased towards a round shaped head. If your head is too oval, you may have an issue with the front chin bar getting to close to your chin... In terms of weight, it is the same as a Shoei RF1000 in XL size, and actually feels lighter (better balanced?) Once on your head, it still feels light and comfy, comparable to an RF1000 (which is one of my favorite helmet for everyday use). I also own a Shuberth S1 helmet which is way heavier but probably way more quiet than the Nexx... I have yet to ride with the Nexx (just got it last night), so I will post more after I ride (wind noise, air flow etc...).

I don't have too much experience with other helmets, but I have owned a few RF1000 and this is comparable to me in terms of comfort, weight, and feel... I am pretty sure it will also compare in terms of wind noise, as I don't expect the Nexx to be very good in that department (I use earplugs anyway).

#9 ·
Helmet looks sweet. How is the visibility? Seems like the actual shield doesn't extend far enough into your peripheral.

#13 ·
I have the same helmet. I purchased it about 3 months ago and love it. I really like the fact that you can flip the whole front up and get all the air you need. Totally satisfied.

#14 ·
Hi wavex,

I have a question for you. (i'm french sorry if i'm bad to explain myself)
I would like to buy a nexx X30 viper as well and i can't try it because i've never seen that model in a shop. But the problem is that i need to choose the right size ..actually mine would be 57,3 (cm) centimeters, and i don't really wich size is good ? because size M(57-58cm) and everywhere on the internet experts say that the size is getting a bit smaller because of the internal material is loosing volume with time. So i don't know if the size M or S(56-57cm) is the best. Can you help me ? many thanks to you (or one of you who own this model..

#16 ·
aahhh cheers cchouseky that's a good new for me.. i've sent a pm as well today to ensure that he would read it so now i'm waiting and seriously hope that he'll reply. it's so hard to define what size is good when you can't try it in a shop.. and prices are far more interesting on internet so as you said maybe i'm lucky this time. Anyway thank you for your reply ;)

#20 ·
As my father told me "you can go anywhere you want to see if the grass is greener.. but no way you'll find it". Anyway thank you for your help. i'll probably post some pics of the helmet (black/orange) when i'll get it to help maybe others to choose this model ;)

#23 ·
b***** pics pls.

Nice helmet tho :dblthumb

#26 ·
One thing with mine is it doesn't seem to be a good cold weather helmet. It fogs really easy. Maybe an anti-fog treatment on the inside of the visor would help.

#32 ·
I guess it was the way he was holding the camera. I officially really like this helmet and have added it to my very short list of possible next helmets, the key point being an internal sun visor.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.