Sport Bikes banner

Need help deciding between leather pants/ 1 piece suit/ 2 piece suit

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ca$h 
#1 ·
So I've been having this dilemma in my head for the past... almost 2 months now

I currently have a motoGP corkscrew jacket for about a year now, I do not have any riding leather pants

I was planning to buy the perforated joe rocket blaster 2.0 pants, i can get them for 160 without knee pucks...

Since I am planning on buying the icon field armor knee guards to wear under jeans, I don't think im going to wear the leather pants THAT frequently, only when I go on dedicated rides

My question is, should I just purchase the teknic chicane suit thats on closeout for 299?? It's perforated, which is perfect for floridas summer.

The thing I've been dealing with in my head is, if I buy the 1 piece suit, and I stop at places, etc I can't take the jacket off, I can, however pull it down.. but is it that convenient??

Should I just save up to buy a A* 2 piece? I could get the Octane 2 piece for ~505 and the SP-1 2 piece for ~475...

or should I just suck it up and get the JR blaster pants?? I don't think I will be doing much track riding, but 1 pieces look fucking SICK, but 2 pieces are also more convenient..

cliff notes:
-JR Blaster pants - $160
-chicane 1 piece - $299
-save up for some 2 piece?? Octane ~$505, or sp-1 ~$475

-for those that go RIDING in a 1 piece, how convenient is the suit throughout the day? would you recommend a 2 piece instead? 1 pieces are so fuckin cool lol.. but as I said, I would imagine the only time I wear leather pants is when I go out on dedicated rides with a possible stop or two here or there...

Thanks for listening to my thoughts, i do appreciate the opinions!

See less See more
#2 ·
I got a 2 piece leather suit with a full waist zipper for the convenience of being able to remove the jacket while stopped. Riders with the top of a one piece suit pulled off and following them around don't look very comfortable.

If you do get separate pants, make sure that they can zip to the jacket at least in the back. You'll stay much more covered if they don't separate as you slide down the road. A good tailor can install the mating zipper part if it comes with either the jacket or pants or simply install both parts of the zipper. If you go that route, make sure you take both the jacket and pants to the tailor so that the zipper can be positioned properly for sitting on the bike.

Get whatever you think you'll wear every time you get on the bike. Gear does no good if you end up leaving it at home.

#3 ·
You sound like I did about 2 months ago. I wasn't looking for a 1-piece or 2-piece suit, but I was trying to decide if I wanted dedicated leather riding pants.

If I'm riding to work or just a shot around town, I'll wear jeans with the Icon Field Armor leg guards underneath. Discreet, comfortable, not nearly as hot as one might think. They fit great inside the tops of my A* boots (both my SMX's and SMX-4's).

For more spirited riding or all day events, I went with the JR Blaster 2.0 perforated leather pants. I love em. While they're just a touch warmer than jeans, the protection they provide is fantastic and makes me much more confident on the bike. I routinely use the 360 zipper and attach them to my JR Sonic 2.0 perforated leather jacket and it works out great. I suppose that makes the ensemble "technically" a 2-piece suit when worn together. I just know it was the right choice for me and I definitely went the right way.

Just out of curiousity...where'd you find the Blaster 2.0 pants for $160? Wish I'd known about that a couple of months ago! :eek:nfloor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.