Sport Bikes banner

Alpinestars Twin Leather Pants & Air-Flo Textile Pants

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  LittleTex 
#1 ·
Anyone have opinions on either of these pants? Looking to buy a pair of each.

#3 ·
Special-K said:
I only know about the Air flo, the are great cooler days, not cold. They provide decent protection, and as most AS gear are well made. I think they look good too. But don't use them as over pants for very cold weather.
Thanks for the input. Anyone have any thoughts on the Alpinestars Twin Leather pants? I really want to pick up some decent looking leather pants for some good protection on longer rides.

#4 ·
I have a pair of the Alpinestars Twin Leather pants got them a couple of weeks ago. They kept my legs warm when I was out riding in about 50 degree weather, I'll admit your crotch area might get a tad bit cold from time to time due to the spandex or whatever they used in that area, so I just had to put my crotch closer to the tank to get the wind away from it. My legs were warm yet my fingers were cold, guess those Icon TiMax gloves are made for warmer then 50 degree weather. Has foam/rubber knee pad armor which you can replace with CE approved armor. Also just so you know the pants don't have a zipper, just incase you didn't know, to zip to your jacket. But overall I like them.

#5 ·
LittleTex said:
I have a pair of the Alpinestars Twin Leather pants got them a couple of weeks ago. They kept my legs warm when I was out riding in about 50 degree weather, I'll admit your crotch area might get a tad bit cold from time to time due to the spandex or whatever they used in that area, so I just had to put my crotch closer to the tank to get the wind away from it. My legs were warm yet my fingers were cold, guess those Icon TiMax gloves are made for warmer then 50 degree weather. Has foam/rubber knee pad armor which you can replace with CE approved armor. Also just so you know the pants don't have a zipper, just incase you didn't know, to zip to your jacket. But overall I like them.
Thanks for posting. How bad do you think they'll be in the summertime? I'm willing to sacrifice being hot though for more protection. Do these fit over your boots? How is the fit on them, is it more relaxed than leather pants designed for the track? I had heard about them not having a zipper to zip to a jacket, that is alright with me. Thanks again. :beer

#6 · (Edited)
Nick P said:
Thanks for posting. How bad do you think they'll be in the summertime? I'm willing to sacrifice being hot though for more protection. Do these fit over your boots? How is the fit on them, is it more relaxed than leather pants designed for the track? I had heard about them not having a zipper to zip to a jacket, that is alright with me. Thanks again. :beer
Well they might be kind of warm in the summer but I have no doubt about the protection these pants will offer, they are a nice thick leather. Yeah, the legs should fit over your boots fine, the inside of them are a mesh liner to help so its not raw leather on your skin. Not sure about the fit as far as track pants as I don't have any and I think I got a size too big, I'm not sure though since the Honda dealership had to order them and said it wasn't an item they could send back. I ordered a 32 and probably the 30's would of fit me but I figured I'd rather have too big then too small. So the fit is somewhat restrictive but they might just need some time to break in. The foam/rubber protection in the knee area's seem to be low when walking around but once on the bike they are about in the right area, so it might feel kind of funny walking around in them for a while at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.