Sport Bikes banner

Ever been out in the rain for so long that...

1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  RUBZERK 
#1 ·
This happens?
Finger Hand Nail Thumb Skin
d Finger Hand Nail Skin Thumb

Footwear Shoe

It's happened so many times already that I didn't think I could bleed any more dye out of them...,but I was wrong. It was freaking pouring out there. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#9 ·
Back in the day when my commute was flat long and boring (like texas) I wouldnt let rain be an excuse to cage. Besides rain in so cal is a treat...even if the locals here panic at the first drop on a windshield.

Today I rode to the track and the stwam in my visor kept icing up. Imagine how ny handa felt with what felt like textile gloves.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Wait till it happens wearing a one peice.

I've been blue from the neck down before.

#12 ·
Lol I imagine the same thing would happen with a suit. Me personally, I don't let the rain stop me from getting where I need to go on my bike, but I don't have a whole lot of fun in it. Sure ill spin the rear here and there but that's it. I'm way too paranoid to lean the bike over in the wet.
You need to do a trackday in the rain. You'd be *amazed* at what you can do. The main thing about riding in the rain on the street is reading the surface. On the actual pavement you still have the majority of the traction you do in the dry. Yes, it is reduced, but not by nearly as much as you think. The tricky part is that there are a lot of non-pavement surfaces that do become slippery -- painted lines and arrows, manhole covers, train tracks, tar snakes, steel plates over construction, and so on. So you have to get good at seeing and avoiding those. But if you develop that skill, riding in the rain isn't much more dangerous than normal.

PhilB

Reactions: PCHbreeze
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.