Sport Bikes banner

May CSBA ride

4K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  LovemyKawiZX6R 
#1 ·
Hello all,

On May 5th the Eastern Pennsylvania chapter of the Christian Sport Bike Association will be going on it's annual Blue Mountain Run. We'll be going over that mountain plus hill and dale all way up to exit #105 of I-476 in Wilkes-Barre. At 8am we'll meet for breakfast at the Starlite Diner in Fogelsville, with the ride starting around 9:15am. The Starlite is on rt. 100 near I-78. All bikes and beliefs are welcome. Please post up if you are coming, thanks!

1. Scraperman1

Below is our ride policy.
Ride Policy : Pennsylvania CSBA

#3 ·
Too bad this is that weekend- i would have loved to go and stay with Sandy and ride Sunday too....

:(

having wisdom teeth pulled Thursday and I'm pretty sure riding will NOT be an option!

#8 · (Edited)
Hey balla,

I did post in the other thread, but I'll answer your question. Yes, we have slower paced group with newer riders. Please look over our ride policy just to be sure you are okay with it. If you are, then post up, add yourself to the list and we'll see you soon. :)

Ride Policy : Pennsylvania CSBA

#9 ·
That's cool Ducatithai, some guys do that, they'll ride with us to lunch and then break off. We are having lunch at a place in Drums, Pa. You can route yourself a way home ahead of time and then split after lunch. I added you to the list vvv if you can't make it then take yourself off it. We ask that anyone that comes posts up and puts themselves on the list. That way I know how many are coming. Thanks,

1. Scraperman1
2. andyr
3. Ducatithai

#10 ·
Depending on how things get worked out with my sister, I might invite her to come, but I'm not sure she can keep up on her Harley, lol.

1. Scraperman1
2. andyr
3. Ducatithai
4. kirchnsr (+2 maybe)

Side note, there are some great restaurants in Drums. Can't wait to see which one you picked. Kind of hope its one I don't already know about so that I have a new place to eat lunch at work. :)

#12 ·
Looks like I'll be back from New Orleans in time, so count me in. These 1AM flight arrivals are tough, but I'll be there.

Sandy, for Harleys, do the 5-inch spiked FM boots like we saw on the girl at Mt Gretna meet our ride requirements? She wore them well, for sure. OK, I'm a pig, I know.

Hey, you've gotta check this out------>Norton Commando Transformer by Steve Twist - YouTube

1. Scraperman1 +1
2. andyr
3. Ducatithai
4. kirchnsr (+2 maybe)
5. Facebook +3
6. ANLR21

#22 ·
Ahhh, you're part of the :badmood club too! "Monsoon", that does not sound like fun!

Lol, it was a joke for the other group members because I have a reputation for bringing rain with me wherever I go. It rained at least a little probably 80% of the times I rode in the last two years, including the entire time for trips to Deals Gap and CT, and I've been caught in probably a dozen torrential downpours. Its especially funny because the first year I started riding, I cancelled riding with a member on here for the first time because they were calling for rain and I was scared to death!

Anyway, hope the weather clears up and you make it out. :)

#28 ·
Last month we had about 25 bikes, I think. However, as a person who has bitched about the chaos of a large group in the past, I have to say I was impressed by how smoothly things ran last month. Mark split the group into smaller groups of 5 or 6 bikes and the only times the whole group came together was at breakfast, lunch and the last gas stop. It was refreshingly drama-free.

#31 ·
It was really good to see everyone today. Hope the rest of the ride was as "uneventful" as the beginning.

Thanks again to Mark and all of the leaders. There were some truly brutal roads on this route, which just happen to be in my back yard. I know what I'm going to be doing the next time a client cancels when I ride to work this summer. Experienced my first ever tank slapper and proved that I do learn from my mistakes when I kept the back end stepping out on me from turning into (another) high side around one of those 5 mph switchbacks.

I'm too lazy to re-post the pictures here, so I'm just linking to my Facebook album. You can see it even if we're not friends (and feel free to add me if you're on FB and we're not friends).

CSBA - May 2012

#34 ·
Great pics, Sandy, thanks for posting up. This is one of the few times that you probably got home before everyone else. Really nice of the restaurant to open up just for us! Mark, great job with the defined groups again, let's maintain this pattern as it seems to be working really well.

I had to split out after lunch, joined up with R/T, Cabanaboy, Carl and the two Tigers for a really fun run down 309. We won't talk about the speeds that Dan's and my GPSs recorded, but I will say there were a lot of bugs that never saw us coming. A lot of locals too.

I'll miss the June run, which I hate since it's one of my favorites, and July as well since that's the family vacation time. Hopefully I can join in a recon run for one of these rides, but I'll see you all in August.

Thanks for a good day, everyone! Hope all made it home safely

#35 ·
I think we lost Levi for a bit. Sorry brother. :) I had plenty left in her, I was just letting her stretch her legs. Running south on 309 up the mountain is one of my favorites as you saw Allan. :D

Not impressed with lunch at all, but this is how we find new places. Some small sidetracks getting to lunch, but the smaller groups thing is working. Only thing I would do is stagger out the start times. 3 groups ran into each other 2 lights down Rt. 100.

#37 ·
Hello all,

Things did go well today, no crashes and no breakdowns, sort of. We all met up for breakfast and had a good time. We met up with some new faces and some old friends that I haven't seen in a while (moorepower and nattydrez!). I came back out from breakfast and it seemed the maintenance glitches were coming upon us with a vengence. One rider needed air for their tires, one guys' bike refused to start across the street, another rider was missing a bolt in his kickstand, and I had to make group adjustments. To explain further; last year it was always chaotic to have riders select groups by pace. We would have some select groups by ego and not ability and crashes would result. Other times, we would have 11 in one group and 3 in another with not a lot of difference in pace. So, this year since I know a bunch of our riders, I have been trying to place them in equal groups in a pace they would like. This our second time doing it and it's been working pretty well. This month was a challenge because folk that said they were coming didn't come, we had maintenance issues, and others show up that didn't say they were coming. So, I had to regroup folk while troubleshooting some of the maintenance issues as well. Fun times. :D

We got started about 10-15 minutes late, but we were soon on the move. I had 6 folks in my group and we were the lead group. The weather was cloudy with a little moisture on the roads due to last night's rain. We waited at a few turns that weren't marked real well, but besides that we were on the move. The roads were curvy but the surface was bumpy, but hey, we were in the coal regions of PA, bumps are part of the charm. :) By the time we got past the coal mines everyone was smiling. We got to lunch ahead of two of the groups with only one U-turn, so that was a plus. We ate lunch at Bobby's of New York in Drums, Pa and we all had enough to eat. If you go there, a personal pizza is enough for two, you have been warned! ;) After lunch I shared the Scripture and 75% of the group had to leave for various issues, which was a shame because the roads after lunch were nice!! The five of us that were left tore up to Wilkes-Barre, got some gas and then zoomed home down on I-476. It was a good time. A big thanks to rktec, johnric42, and andyr for leading groups. I couldn't do it without you guys, you're the best! Next month, the Pocono Screamer.

The theme for this months' Scripture was "it will cost me too much". It speaks to a concern of those that might not follow God because they feel that a personal relationship with Him will cost them too much in their life. The four Scriptures below address that concern.
The first Scripture from Psalm 116:12 which states, "What can I offer the Lord for all He has done for me?" When we do consider all the Lord does for us and we count our blessings we realize how grateful we are for God's goodness to us. Our next Scripture, Mark 8:36, helps take us to the next level. That verse says, "And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?" In considering this Scripture it does put the whole "cost" dilemma in perspective. After all, how priceless in your soul?! What would be worth trading for it in this life only to face loss in the next life? Our next Scripture is from Luke 18:29-30 which states, "“Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God, will be repaid many times over in this life, and will have eternal life in the world to come.” In this Scripture the disciples had told Jesus that they had left their homes to follow Jesus, those verses was His answer. So, not only does God bless us for obedience in this life, but also gives us eternal life in the one to come. Clearly, what we give up to follow God is small in comparison for what we shall receive. Our final Scripture is I Peter 2:24, "He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross, so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed." When we consider "costs" Jesus has paid more for us than we shall for Him. He came down and became a human, born as a baby, grew up just like us, than preached the Good News to mankind that they can have relationship with God through Him, then died on the cross for our sins. If anything, we are indebted to Him for His kindness and mercy to us, and all He asks is that we come to Him and receive Him as our Lord and Savior. My friends, if you live for Him, you'll life will never be the same. It's an adventure worth having.

May God bless you all and I'll see you all next month,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.