well guys, shes 99% done.
what a night, i got home from work around 6pm, and started working, with alot of fustration, i got "done" around 3am.
now for a lil write up of what i did.
i started by striping the mirrors, then the windscreen, then i unbolted the front fering.
now, the mirrors and windscreen took me all of about 5min, but once i unbolted the ferring, i ran into a small wall.
see, there are 3-4 connections for the headlight/turnsignals, i got everything but the headlight undone with ease, but with the ferring resting on the wheel (check picture) i ran into a wall trying to get the headlight un attached, i could feel that it was sorta lose, so i pulled, twisted and tuged, and finally got it undone, with that, thefront ferring was off(check picture)
i thought the headlight was attaced to the frame that holds the tach, but i was wrong, so this made it a lil easyer.
i disconnected the tach, and started to unbolt the frame that held it to the bike.
where i ran into another wall, this lil frame is TIGHT, and i got the one side off pretty easy, but once i got the center bolting part (bolts to the fork/frame) the other side was SO tight, that i started to strip the bolt(open wrench) so it took me 10min to hunt down the right socket, and rip that SOB off.
that left the bike nakie, with wiring hanging. (check picture)
i tucked the wires in, and took the bike down the street, and MAN was it SPOOKIE!!!!
one, it was already dark, so i couldent even look for bumps in the road, and 2, it is just akward not having that HUGE tack, and windscreen, it feels like your about to fall over the bike!
with a lil twist of the throttle, the bike "feels" faster, lol, not for weight loss, but just the extra wind pounding you in the chest now (never rolized how much wind got blocked!)
so it was off to the auto part store, where i bought a pare of "driving" lights, $42, and i had all the wiring i needed (well, had to run back to the store two more times for extra bolts, zipties, and electrical tape) went home, and it took about 30min just looking over all the parts, and talking about the mounting with my brother.
if you know your 500, then you will get this next part.
i decided to use the brackets from the mirror to mount the lights to the bolts that hold on the horn.
basicaly i used the rubber/thick metal, that helps the mirrors from shaking, bolted them to the tree that holds the horn, at an angle, so the headlights would fit.(check picture)
once i got to the lights, i reolized that the bracket thats attached to lights were to small for the bolts/holes that were on the bike, so this lead me to the vice, and a drill, and 15min later, i had them mounted to the bike!
looking at the bike, i LOVE it, but i still needed to wire.
now, the directions that came with the driving lights were done pretty good, and i got it all wired up pretty good.
it took about 20min though to find a bolt i could ground out everything too, that was a hassle.
i ended up grabing the bolt from the frame to the tach, and grounding everything to where that went.
the grounding mounts that they gave me for the lights/switch, were to small, had to cut them, to fit the bolt.
ran the lines to the battery (yea, i know this sucks)
flick the switch and BAM, bright ass lights!
now after about 20 zipties, i had the wiring down to the bike, and hidden the best i could.
the switch that comes with the kit, i ended up ziptieing to the old mount for the front ferring (check picture)
the switch is cool for the fact i can have the lights off durring the day (im thinking they suck ALOT of power) and when i have the lights on, the switch had a red led that lights up!
lol, now i can tell ppl that my NOS switch
i had to go up to the autopart store at his time, to get electrical tape.
on the way out of the driveway, and to the autopart store (about 2miles from my house, open 24/7) i reolized i was no where NEAR done with these things!!!!
the lights shook SOOOO bad (from the road, and motor) that it looked like a strobe light on the street!!
i pulled one of the guys i knew there out to help me with an idea, i figured just zip tie it down to the forks, and when i told that to him, he got this great idea, went in the shop, and came back out, with hose, and zipties!
he cut the hose, and put it between the bracket for the lights, and the fork, then i zip tied them down to the fork!(check picture)
this solved id say 90% of the vibration (for now) and the lights held true to the road, only shaking like a normal headlight would, with big bumps in the road! (plus the lights are a very cool yellow color)
got home, looked her over, ziptied more wires away, and i called it a night!
i love,......LOVe the look, yea, it looks like i droped the bike and trashed the ferrings or something.
but to me, its a junkyard, hardcore, fighting look!
kawi hardcore 500 is the new name of my bike
ive attaced some pics, and feel free to ask anything, and if you want, i can take more pix, just make sure you ask in good detail to what you wanna see.
thx for reading, and make sure to tell me HONESTLY what you think!