Lets see your big dirt bikes! - Page 3 - Sportbikes.net
Motocross / Super Motard Since Sportbikes and Motocross, Supermotord are so close we now cater to this field and will have information on these items

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 09:13 PM
From back in da' day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

nice pix guys, heres a few from today. This is all i could get from my amature cameraman. HE was itching to ride so we only got a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 182.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	53650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 184.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	53651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 187.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	53652  

2006 CBR1000RR, 2004 R1, 2009 GSXR600, 2008 R6R & 84 Z50R! Hey they're paid for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 09:14 PM
From back in da' day

i have a few short vid clips but cant figure out how to put up. Oh well ill take more tomorrow

2006 CBR1000RR, 2004 R1, 2009 GSXR600, 2008 R6R & 84 Z50R! Hey they're paid for!
post #33 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!

Now that looks like fun!!!!!

It's not my fault. I'm a COW--> http://www.cafepress.com/cowa111

The Realtor That Rides! Email Me!

A Thank you to my Sponsors! I couldn't race without your support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Hawaiian
hehe dems muh gurlz. Tough as nails and fast as lightning!! w00t
You girls ROCK!!!
~Thanks for everything KH. When I finally clear my first triple, I know it's because you are with me. I miss you, my good friend.

post #34 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 07:28 AM
From back in da' day

it was a good time, this was a baby hill. We found another group of them out further in the woods. It was sick i wish i had taken the camera!!

post #35 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Supersport Racer

How redneck can I be

'01 Yamaha YZ426F
With a Bunch of Go Fast Parts

'99 Honda VFR800Fi
Even Faster than the YZ426F

KtchMe
post #36 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Dam Munky!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blndebmbr
Super moto is a blast...sometimes. But like your 125, my 80 is a nasty little b!tch when you hit the power at the wrong time!!! I have lowsided so many times because of it I don't even care to count!!! Fortunately I have had very few highsides...two-stroke riding is an artform, I swear it. If I can be smooth on the 80, I can be smooth on anything.
KH~you are so right. I remember after I got my 80, people didn't want to ride it, "it has too much power". Well I was telling one of the "hot dogs" I know this and he replied with "Anyone who rides a 600cc+ bike has no excuse to fear 80cc's"...I tried to explain the difference, but he had never ridden two-strokes so he didn't understand. Needless to say, I watched the 80 school his ass and had to laugh. He was amazed at the power (as everyone is)....I couldn't imagine the bigger two-strokes...and to think, they made them in 500cc...INSANE!!!!

spoken like a true 2 stroke believer... 2 strokes are the simplest design of a engine ever made, funny when we have these hi tech 4 strokes that seem fast, but fast while lugging extra lard around just isnt quite the same as a light bike that waits until later next week before it wakes up LOL thats a part of the 2 strokes.. that manic hit at the top of the rev range always seems to be so dam strong when it finally comes on...

Luckily the cool thing bout 'strokers is they only get better as they get bigger... Where the little obes are air raid sirens the larger ones can be wxtremely dangerous a tic above idle.. That 500 KTM I had was just that. It had close to 50HP at a hair above idle, making it the most difficult to ride monster I ever been near (until I learned respect..) once I got over the idea that it needed healthy handfuls of throttle I got along woth that beast perfectly... just keep it in several gears higher than normal and it was as docil as any bike around.

I learned not to let ANYONRE ride it as the exact same thing always happened. Didnt matter who it was that wanted to ride it either within say 10 minutes they either came back on foot, in someone elses truck or I recieved word that my bike was at such and such... the guy riding it was air lifted to some med center... each one was instantly dumped on there but.... the guy that got hurt just happened to be going fast when he wacked it open

I also have a "little" 400 2 stroke twin Yamaha thats dam near as fast as my 1100+ gsxr engine I jamed in a 750... just a mind blowing rush when that thing wakes up... The 400 was made in 1979 and the problem with it is it has near 80 hp but the frame would strugle with 5... bikes just didnt handle like they do now.

I really wish Honda was succesful in there attempts to clean the 2 strokes up.... years ago the 2 strokes were killed off because of excessive exhaust emissions there went any and all hopes of having light bikes that would rip anything out today a new one.... RIP 2 Strokes...

Open Forum and Motocross Forum MODERATOR

The more I Learn about Women, The More I Love my Motorcycles!

post #37 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 06:51 AM
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!

So true...there is nothing like a two-stroke. I have no desire to get on a four, other than my streetbike of course! When it comes to motard, the two strokes are tricky but they so kick ass!!!! I love nothing more than flying past the four strokes...and the power is still building! I wish they would come up with a way for the reduced emissions. If they finally do kill out the two-strokes (I know when is the better term) it will be a sad day indeed....

I have heard the bigger they are the better they are, but my experience with the 80 keeps my fear of trying even a 125 high. Someday...just not today!

My bf wants to get a torque pipe on the 80 to try and mellow it out. I am so afraid to do that. I live for that kick in the stomach as the power hits from nowhere. In fact I have learned to rely on it in the turns. When I don't feel the "oh shit" factor through the turns I know I am not riding right. Come to find out mine was ported for top end so when I hit the high r's....holy crap!!! He wants it to be in the low-mid for starts, but my theory is you on start once in a race so why kill the rest of it? I don't know...I am still so new to it but I do not want to lose that power. If I wanted a four stroke I'd buy one...you know?

Quote:
You girls ROCK!!!
~Thanks for everything KH. When I finally clear my first triple, I know it's because you are with me. I miss you, my good friend.
post #38 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
From back in da' day

The bigger 2 strokes are fun I have ridden 80's and 125's and even my buddy's KX500 and the 250 just seems to have the best of both power and RPM's. It winds up pretty tight and off idle it is NUTS if you arent ready. Mine is overbored and has a Wiseco piston and Boysen reeds. The carb is jetted and it has a FMF pipe and Power Core 2 silencer. It builds HP from idle to the moon!! It is almost uncontrolable at hard throttle 1-3rd gear. Itll actually roll on and wheelie off throttle in 3rd. Hell im 300lbs @ 6'5" and it still tosses me around. I HATE the 4 strokes. I have ridden the YZ450F and CRF450 and the think i hate most is starting them. Its like : kick kick kick kick kick kick kick PANT PANT PANT PANT!!......kick kick kick kick kic....putt putt....!@#$#%^#@ kick kick kick kick kick VROOOOOOM putta putta putta VRAAAAAPPP ...putta putta. and away you go.....but God forbid it stalls!! you are in for it. You got arm pump, your legs are already sore from gettin whacked in the corners and then you gotta kick this peice of shit for 2 min straight to get it to restart....GRRRRR i hate 4 strokes, and from what im told the valves are known to break!

post #39 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:52 PM
SBN Rookie

Here's my dirt ride. YFZ450. I came off two wheel dirt bikes, and made the switch to quads about a year and a half ago. For me, the fun factor is of these things is through the roof. I can honestly say it's one of the most fun toys I've ever had.

No problems starting these fourstrokes....Yamaha has the "magic" button.....that's attached to the electric starter.
Attached Images

post #40 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 AM
From back in da' day

Thats A Sweet Bike Man!!

post #41 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:24 AM
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!

Nice quad!!!
I am too little to ride the new ones. I end up high siding on them....That looks like it should be a blast to ride!

Quote:
You girls ROCK!!!
post #42 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
SBN Rookie

Thanks!!
post #43 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Dam Munky!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless01
The bigger 2 strokes are fun I have ridden 80's and 125's and even my buddy's KX500 and the 250 just seems to have the best of both power and RPM's. It winds up pretty tight and off idle it is NUTS if you arent ready. Mine is overbored and has a Wiseco piston and Boysen reeds. The carb is jetted and it has a FMF pipe and Power Core 2 silencer. It builds HP from idle to the moon!! It is almost uncontrolable at hard throttle 1-3rd gear. Itll actually roll on and wheelie off throttle in 3rd. Hell im 300lbs @ 6'5" and it still tosses me around. I HATE the 4 strokes. I have ridden the YZ450F and CRF450 and the think i hate most is starting them. Its like : kick kick kick kick kick kick kick PANT PANT PANT PANT!!......kick kick kick kick kic....putt putt....!@#$#%^#@ kick kick kick kick kick VROOOOOOM putta putta putta VRAAAAAPPP ...putta putta. and away you go.....but God forbid it stalls!! you are in for it. You got arm pump, your legs are already sore from gettin whacked in the corners and then you gotta kick this peice of shit for 2 min straight to get it to restart....GRRRRR i hate 4 strokes, and from what im told the valves are known to break!
LOL you need to "understand" the 4 stroke... or it will you big time. There ok but just heavy, the power delivery can be a plus in really snotty conditions though... having lived with my White Bros DR 440 for years I learned that mindlessly kicking is just going to wear your ass out. Worse yet if you fall. 4 strokes can be a nightmare then! But if you use the comp release and open the throttle to clear its "throat" and close the throttle line it up right give it a good boot and I gaurantee you it will 90% of the time fire up!

blndebmbr, your little rocket will really blow you away if you learn to "clutch it" when you come out of a turn. Instead of waiting for it to come on, simply wack the gas WFO (wide friggen open) and pull the clutch (watch a pro moto race and youll notice a finger on the clutch at all times) in a sec and pop it out. HANG ON! It will instantly light off right in the meat of the power and take off like a scalded cat! Thats the brrrUPPPPPP Waaaaaaaaa you hear when racers are coming up to a big jump or out of a turn. Pratice it a little and you'll be doing it all the time! Its a BLAST! (not motarding unless your straightened out!) Gotta be a little careful as it can lead to some wild rides!

Open Forum and Motocross Forum MODERATOR

The more I Learn about Women, The More I Love my Motorcycles!

post #44 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 01:45 PM
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!

I'll have to try that....what are the odds I loop it????

Quote:
You girls ROCK!!!
post #45 of 332 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 02:47 PM
That's Right !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blndebmbr
I'll have to try that....what are the odds I loop it????
If you keep your weight up front ( judging by your picture, there isn't much ) You might be able to control/harness the instant power you get by clutching it. It's how those guys ride Supercross but they don't have to pay for those new clutches or baskets either.

MJ " I'm Rick James Bitcchh!! "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.