New Could use advice on Fairings - Sportbikes.net
Introduction Forum New to the website? Just register? Stopping by to say HI? This is the place!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
SBN Newb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New Could use advice on Fairings

Hello everyone,

I finally upgraded from my R6 to a liter bike I recently purchased a 2009 R1. Im looking at getting new fairings for it. Thinking about getting them from "extreme fairings" but not sure if anyone has had good experiences with the company. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance and ride on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:34 AM
World 500 GP Racer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)

Hello and welcome. Things are kind of dead around here but you might be able to get a bit of advice in some R1 forums. About 3 years ago or so this place had a bunch of active members but not its mainly a few people in the P&R thread. You might want to do a search though because lots of info in stored in this place from when it was really active. I would offer advice but I have never gotten fairings at all so I wouldn't be much help. Other than that be patient and I am sure someone will be along to give ya advice. Also lets see some pics of that bike.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."-Albert Einstein
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
SBN Newb

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pictures to come and thanks for replying back I appreciate it!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:41 AM
You are here

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Question is why new fairings? Something wrong with the old ones? I'm a bit of throwback, most of the bling folks put on their bikes really doesn't speed them up by an appreciable amount and is useless on the street. I do think a racer needs every advantage he or she can get, though.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Mess with the Bull.....

Thanked 1,754 Times in 962 Posts
Quoted: 159 Post(s)

If you're looking for OEM replacements, RonAyers.com is a great resource.

If you're looking for something cheaper/more unique, Auctmarts has a decent reputation.

As for the company you listed, I don't know of them or anyone that has used them. But Yelp and eBay and google will all provide reputation feedback.

SBN Moderator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to PM me with any questions or concerns
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:09 PM
World 500 GP Racer

Quoted: 619 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingar View Post
Question is why new fairings? Something wrong with the old ones? I'm a bit of throwback, most of the bling folks put on their bikes really doesn't speed them up by an appreciable amount and is useless on the street. I do think a racer needs every advantage he or she can get, though.
Not that many riders go fast today. Hanging out is a bigger part of today's motorcycle crowd then it was in the past. I last bought a fairing in the late 90's. I destroyed the factory one trying to cut it for bars while turning a '93 Ninja 7 into a commuter bike. So I got no idea where to go today if I need to have my bike match my shoelaces.

"I say we pull back and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure"
FO Riply - Aliens II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.