New ZX-14R Owner Longtime Rider - Sportbikes.net
Introduction Forum New to the website? Just register? Stopping by to say HI? This is the place!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
SBN Newb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Red face New ZX-14R Owner Longtime Rider

Hey Everyone,

My name is Nick and I'm from the North Bay in Cali. I decided to take the plunge and buy a new Kawasaki ZX14R. This will be my first "sportbike" but my 19th motorcycle overall. Ive been riding since I was 15.5 years old when I got my learners permit and had my father as awesome teacher. I started on a 1981 Honda CM400C and then rode my dads 86 Goldwing 1200 for a longtime until sadly on Fathers Day 2011 he was hit and killed by an intoxicated driver while riding home on it. I contemplated giving up riding for awhile but got back in the saddle and bought a newer Harley Dyna FXDF. I found the crowd of Harley riders either way out of my age range (27) or just were mixed up in local clubs that I don't want a part in. I would like to meet new people and also enjoy riding again so I'm here. A simple list of stuff I have owned is Honda goldwings, Honda CB750 cafe's, Harley Shovelheads, Harley Dynas, Harley dressers, and the random Enduros and CM400 thrown in. So far I am loving the ZX14. It has a nice smooth powerband kind of similar to the goldwings I have ridden but its extremely lightweight for me in comparison. It handles great and of course is fast. I'm always down to ride and own my own business so I'm usually able to make time whenever I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.