Sport Bikes banner

About to get my frist bike!

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  armpit 
#1 ·
I'm 19, majoring in Computer Science at Clemson University.

I have been a passionate mountain biker for years, competing in the sport of downhill mtb racing. I have a passion for everything with 2 wheels, owning 4 bicycles, 3 of which I built from the ground up.

My roommate has a Yamaha 450 dirtbike that he just finished converting over to a street bike, and he let me take it for a spin in the parking lot. As soon as I was done, I knew I had to buy my own motorcycle.

I was looking at the Ninja 250 for a first, because the style on the newer models is so sweet and I don't want to start with anything b***** than that. I stumbled on someone with a 2007 UM 250r for $1200 nearby, and am going to check it out in a day or two with my roommate and if everything looks good, make the purchase and then get some gear.

Anyway, enough rambling.... Hey guys!

#5 ·
Can't go wrong with a 250 for starter. I encourage you to do a little research before you make a decision on that UM. The bikes are manufactured by a company out of China that just went out of business. Supposedly, anyone with warranty claims or requests for parts and accessories are out of luck. Some UM owners are having a hard time getting this company to cover any warranty claims. Be careful. I saw the UM and feel in love. It's a sharp bike, but never heard of it. So I went home and did my research and that is what I found out. See article
United Motors Closes Its Doors | OtherMakes.net

Ride Safe,
Blonde

#6 ·

wow, too bad the door got closed on that one, could be a great seller in the us.

#7 ·
Well, I drove an hour to go check it out and buy it, but the seller said someone bought it about 30 minutes before I arrived....

The search continues... I keep finding 600+'s for my <$2500 price range, but I am afraid to start on something that powerful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.