Sport Bikes banner

06 ninja 250 wont start, Help!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gimpdiggity 
#1 ·
hey all, well i stored my wife's 250 for the winter (i didnt take any steps in storing it i just parked it as is :banana )
i took it out and tried to start it but it wouldnt even fire, the starter would turn it over but it just wouldnt fire
i charged the battery but that didnt work
i checked the spark plugs and they SEEMED ok (no gunky build up or anything else bad) but im gonna replace them tomorrow just in case
and i am currently cleaning the carbs, (when i took them apart they looked pretty clean but im still going to use carb cleaner on them)

im just wondering, if the carb cleaning doesnt work alongside with the new sparkplugs, if anyone else has any idea what might be the problem here
any and all input is appreciated, i hope i fix the darn thing soon because my wife is really on my ass about her bike not starting :bowdown

#3 ·
Just spray some starter fluid in that fucker and get it running.

Also, make sure you don't have the fuel petcock in the off position, or in a reserve position, or something wonky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.