Alright kids.............. - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
Help Me Fix It A great place to post any problems you may be having while working on your motorcycle. Most of us are do-it-yourselfers so this is a great way to share any information pertaining to fixing something or adding something on.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Who Dat?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I guess I missed the memo on your mod status

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
An engine used for braking will break!
What is the highest you would want to see the tach jump on a downshift?

3-4 grand?

I was under the impression that downshifting was OK although I never drop to first during deceleration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 07:44 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 051000RR
I can not wait for this one!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
I was under the impression that downshifting was OK although I never drop to first during deceleration.
I would never do that...the difference between torque in 1st and 2nd in downshifting would be crazy. I have not done it but I imagine it would be the same as slapping your brakes in a car or grabbing your brakes on the bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(blog)

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Who Dat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCBR
I would never do that...the difference between torque in 1st and 2nd in downshifting would be crazy. I have not done it but I imagine it would be the same as slapping your brakes in a car or grabbing your brakes on the bike.
To be clear I down shift but never into first and the most I jump the tach is 3-4 grand, usually less and again, I never downshift into 1st.

I'm curious what hybrid thinks also since he fixes our shit
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 PM
SBN Rookie

would like to know if you have any info that would be helpful to me concerning 1/4 turn throttle thread.I may have used the wrong term to get the response I was seeking.Jstuart in Ark.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 09:44 PM
World 500 GP Champion

Holy shit. Hybrid got a badge??? Damn and I thought Fearleesta going Board PoPo on us was bad.

hehe... congrats man.

"A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough." -Gus McCrae
carpe di mawnkie

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
SBN Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
There is a new SHERIFF in town..............dats right yo, Im mod'ing this section.

What I want all of you to know is that Im not here to be a NAZI or generally get into debates with you on subjects.

Im more than qualified to be here especially seeing as Ive been turning wrenches on motorcycles for 15 years now. Working with factory teams in both road racing and drag racing as well as owning my own shop.

Some of you know me from my years here and some of you will come to know me from my involvment with your questions and answers here.

Yes, I can be an asshole..............Ill try not to make most of you cry.

Things I will not tolerate here:

1) Blatant misinformation. I cannot stand it. More stupidity gets passed around the internet than I can bear. I will not have it. IF YOU DONT KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWER, dont say anything.

Yes I know that alot of the time you cant have the "correct" answer for all the problems as its much like somone holding their computer up to the bike so you can talk to it..............its not realistic.

However, I do know some of you know the basics or you really know your shit. I generally dont like to pipe in unless the answers are wrong or not answered at all. So those of you that are assets, please by all means keep it up.

2) This one is a no brainer.........NO FLAMING..........THATS MY JOB (kidding) seriously though, lets not berate people for asking what may be percieved as a dumb question. Not everyone here is a mechanic and if they were, people like me and some of you wouldnt be valuable.

I will be trying to poke my head into the performance and custom section (my personal favorite subject no less) and helping there more. Im tired of seeing people not get good answers in both these subforums and getting picked on for stupid stuff like extended swingarms or chroming.

The more we help one another out, the better off we as a community in whole will be.

If any of you have questions for me, just ask. Ill do my best to do my new job as well and efficiently as possible.
I intended to send you the reply concerning the 1/4 turn throttle thread.You might want to check it out, as some of the persons were really ragging on a person with a disability who really should be commended for his efforts and his class in dealing with the few assholes whom show their true colors all too soon.I also did not recieve one single bit of good info from but one or two.The rest are way confused.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Where has this lad Hybrid gone?
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Club Racer

cleaning a chain....

ok..even though I've ridden for a number of years I still ask questions...and this one still numbs me...I saw your method on cleaning and lubing a chain..its the first time I saw the white lithium grease and the silicone spray..I generally here WD-40 and lube...but I see WD-40 has its down sides...I ruined a chain by drowing it in WD-40 and taking off ALL the grease with it! Now I use a rag wet with WD-40 along the chain and then lube...mind you I never let my chain get that bad...I'm just looking for the best products for cleaning and lube...
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

Sorry kids, Ive been a busy boy. Somehow this place emailed me about some pm's I got.

Use the email option in place of PM's please. I cant spend any time here between studies and clinicals. I plan to return someday as a warrior of old

cause rascus said I had to.........
HELP ME FIX IT MOD.........PM me with any questions you have...actually PM RASCUS hahhaha

The friction which results from ignorance can be reduced only by the spread of knowledge- NIKOLA TESLA
Want to learn how to work on your bike? Check the "HOW TO" subsection of HELP ME FIX IT.

An engine used for braking will break!

<---- a great one!
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 PM
American Tart

Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,492 Posts
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

OMG!! A Hybrid sighting!!

SBN Soopah-Mod >< COGITO ERGO FEMINA SUM
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Who Dat?

Welcome back Kotter
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
SBN Rookie

Hybrid smells like butt!!! Sweaty man butt!! bwahaha..=).. Will someone figure out my bike problem??I am getting spring fever and I have no idea what's wrong with it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.