Sport Bikes banner

Elena Myers talks about why she left racing

7K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  serpentracer 
#1 ·
If anyone here follows racing, you have probably heard of a Elena Myers. She is awesome beyond words on a motorcycle and a class act to boot. Not too long ago, she left racing and no one had a clue as to why.

Now, she did an interview to let everyone know what happened. I hope that you share this link anywhere and everywhere and spread the word about both the person who committed the crime and the callous reaction of the hotel.

Elena Myers quit racing because.....

#2 ·
WOW! What a piece of shit! Fucker needs to be given a 9mm sex change. The rest of the players need to be fired at the very least. The emails between hotel mgt and the spa manager are disgusting. Buy her lunch! What an asshole!!

Hope she can get back in the saddle, she was damned good. Glad she could finally talk about this.

#3 ·
I belong to a facebook group called Trackday Junkies, and they are HAMMERING The Loews hotel with negative reviews, and even commenting on other peoples' reviews.

As for Elena, I like the last paragraph in the article. “I’ve had zero desire to get on a motorcycle at all,” says Myers. “But that might be changing.”

#17 ·
It is beyond laughable that you, the most classic internet troll who lives safely in his moms basement behind the anonymity of a keyboard, could call anyone a snowflake.

So, go back to your come from behind MotoGP victories and try again. You're an expert level troll, so it shouldn't take long.

#22 ·
It's not like she had a wild night and then accused this guy when she had regrets the next morning. Something caused a big change in her outlook, and it took a long time for her to let it out. She may have been fighting herself over it, and it may have taken a long time for her to come to grips with what happened and how it affected her.

#26 ·
Exactly what I was thinking. In the assault article she sounded like she knew almost right away that she mentally wasn't going to be able to race. If that was the case, then why would you chase after sponsor money. Plus, Jan of last year was way too late to be looking for money. That would have been done immediately after the season if not a bit sooner.

I will admit it does open up some questions.

#29 ·
But the emails about the situation had been dated in 2014. She admitted that she should have filed suit before that and even went to the police about it. Now if you are just trying to say that the law suit is a way for her to get money to race then you might have a point but it makes no difference at all as to if the guy assaulted her or not. The fact is that this guy needs to be put away so he is not able to do this again like he has already done so many times.

#31 ·
Please stop feeding the troll.

#33 ·
If you touch someone sexually and it is not wanted then yes you should be put away. If you do it over and over then you should be put away longer. If you have sex with a child then you should be put to death. Just the way I see it. So this guy should likely be put to death and if there is a way for his child rape case to be opened back up then it should be and hopefully that witness that didn't show which was probably the child will show up at court now then that would be a great thing.

#35 ·
It is turning into a P&R thread. Look who's here!

At any rate, my understanding is that a large percentage of sexual assault victims don't file suit or wait a very long time to do so. They all have different coping mechanisms, but withdrawal and a certain amount of numb disbelief seems to be common. I don't know Elena Myers, nor do I have any knowledge of what happened to her or her career beyond what anybody else knows. I do, however, know at least one woman who has been through it and took far longer to come to grips with it. She's only now getting past it, decades later, and it has clearly had an effect upon her life way beyond what it would have had if it was at all benign. Sexual assault is a toxic, soul scarring occurrence, and nobody should have to suffer through it.

I don't know what really happened, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that she fell apart completely for months or a year while she worked her way through the psychic aftermath. She may recover completely. She may not. If she's like my friend, speaking out about it is part of her healing process.

One thing though - Elena Myers is an adult as far as I know. Unless I missed it, she was over 18 when this happened.

#36 ·
She was and adult as far as I can tell as well. In the story it referenced another set of charges that had been dismissed on the guy because of a witness not showing up. That is the one I was talking about in my earlier post. To everyone in the thread I want to apologize if my post was to much like a PR post. It was not my intent at all.

#40 ·
Yes he could have been 17 or 18 when he allegedly raped the 12 year old three times. Without an exact date and his dob its hard to say. However in this article they report that he was 18 at the time.

Loews Masseur Was Fired from Main Line Spa After Alleged Assault | News | Philadelphia Magazine

Even if he was 17 the girl was 12 and in Pennsylvania you have to be 16 to be able to give consent which she did not give. He would have also been 5 years older than her at the time if he was 17 which again is against state law even if she was willing. In the end the guy is trash. Have a few more articles that might help bring light to how great of a person he is.

Suit: Massage Turned Into Sexual Assault at Spa Inside Loews Hotel | News | Philadelphia Magazine

No happy ending: DA can use prior 'bad acts' against massage therapist charged with grabbing client's penis | PennLive.com

Simply to much smoke for there not to be a fire.

#41 · (Edited)
Even if he was 17 the girl was 12 and in Pennsylvania you have to be 16 to be able to give consent which she did not give.
oh you were there?
He would have also been 5 years older than her at the time if he was 17 which again is against state law even if she was willing. In the end the guy is trash. Have a few more articles that might help bring light to how great of a person he is.
5 years older? Unheard of!

seems everyone seen past the BS charges including the courts until some little white girl comes out 3 years later with a lawsuit. A girl known to be struggling to fund her racing for years.

Interesting

oh and lets not forget she's not going to the police or suing the working guy, she's suing the hotel. gee what a shocker.

doesnt strike any of you odd she never reported the incident to the authorities?

#45 ·
I met Elena once at the Millville races. It was probably 2012 or 13. After her race, she and another racer go to the turn 7 stands to sit with everyone. I hate turn 7, If you screw up turn 6 you will be slow in 7 and will likely get passed. LOL She sat just in front of me and we chatted about a guy who was about to get lapped.

I hope the guy get's what he deserves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.