Sport Bikes banner

Nicky to WSBK

4K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  L8 Braker 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cut and pasted from the GP news thread.

It sucks that GP will be losing it's only American rider, but Nicky still has some championship years left if he picks the right team in WSBK. And it looks like Aprilia and Honda are the teams most likely to nab him.

Given his history with Honda, I suspect he'll go that way. But that Honda is old, outdated and getting killed by basically everybody. So, they better be telling him how next year will be a brand new bike, or he may have to choose someone else to retire with.

#5 ·
but Nicky still has some championship years left if he picks the right team in WSBK.
Nicky's championship years are behind him and I believe that he has already peaked ........ no matter what bike he gets on for 2016, he will probably not contend for the WSBK Championship. There are too many things against him to win a championship. It is not that I dislike Hayden, there is just too much competition for Hayden to overcome at this stage in his career.

I am ready for him to disprove my statements.

#11 ·
lol anyone who thinks hayden wont be in the top 3 in wsbk from the get go doesnt understand motogp and wsbk. Hayden will easily dominate. he's only finishing as bad as he is because of the bike. he'd be top 10 every grand prix otherwise. He wouldn't win but no one from wsbk goes to motogp and comes remotely close to the top.

#12 ·
Apparently I do not understand WSBK or MotoGP then ....... please bookmark this thread so that you can rub it in my face when Nicky Hayden "dominates" in 2017. I do not believe that Hayden will do much in WSBK in 2017, but I have been wrong before, and it would be nice if I am wrong on this one too.

#17 ·
Nicky has been one of the most underrated riders for years. In 2013, his last year on the Duc, he was right behind Dovi...

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2013/VAL/MotoGP/RAC/worldstanding.pdf?v13_62c4bc5c

In 2011, he was right behind Rossi...

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2011/VAL/MotoGP/RAC/worldstanding.pdf?v1_36bd2f9a

In 2010 he was sandwiched between Spies and Sic...

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2010/VAL/MotoGP/RAC/worldstanding.pdf?v1_3099bcec

In 2014, the guy who replaced him on the Duc did much worse than Hayden ever did...

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2014/VAL/MotoGP/RAC/worldstanding.pdf?v3_e4a94d44

Reactions: ped
#18 ·
it's like they dont even watch racing. When Dovi was killing it the first half of this year he proved how good he (and ionone) is and how deep the field is.

Him and Nicky were battling it out a year and half prior....

#19 ·
I don't think anyone doubts his ability (I know I sure don't). But he can't win on the current Honda. It's just too far behind the curve of technology and power. And factor in Johnny Rea and Tom Sykes on an improved Kawi next year, and things get even more bleak.

Now, if Honda is playing coy and comes out with a whole new bike next year, LOOK OUT!

#21 ·
That has been his issue since he was pushed aside for Pedrosa. He has been on equipment that just wasn't there for him. I would love for him to go out on a high note. Maybe being the 1st guy to win both championships. That would be awesome for him.

#20 ·
...and while Ten Kate once was the shit with the Honda, Honda hasn't given them much (if any) support in several years.

I wish Nicky luck. Somewhere I read that he isn't expecting too much in '16 as he knows where the Honda sits. The first year will be learning the tracks/team/hardware/tires. He may surprise some people with the ancient Honda.

#26 ·
You should seriously get a job in the Honda marketing department because that is a very positive spin on the following data:

* The last rider to win the WSBK championship on a Honda should be James Toseland in 2007

* Honda won their last manufacture's championship in WSBK back in 1997

Racing is a form of both advertising and R&D. Manufactures do it to help sell more motorcycles. We have no idea of the real data behind any real kind of return on investment to help any of the manufactures sell more motorcycles. Thus, maybe Honda does have the best ROI, but they certainly are not racking up championships.

#25 ·
They've been waiting how long now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.